As part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. Shortly after the Disney Magic was re-imagined in 2013, we had the pleasure of sailing on the refurbished ship twice, on a 4-Night Bahamian sailing and a 7-Night Southern Caribbean sailing. From the thrilling new AquaDunk waterslide to the updated Animator's Palate restaurant, the Disney Magic delivered the fun and service one would expect from a re-imagined Disney ship!
We Recommend This Ship For: Families with kids of all ages, Couples with a Disney affinity, and Multi-generational families
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the variety of fun the Disney Magic has to offer. All pictures were taken on our cruise and none have been modified or enhanced.
Disney Cruise Line's first cruise ship, the Disney Magic, set sail for the first time in July of 1998 to Nassau and Castaway Cay, Bahamas. This ship and every subsequent Disney ship has bright yellow lifeboats, along with black, red and white colors to match the colors of Mickey Mouse himself. The ships horn blast plays "When You Wish Upon a Star". All of this, plus the outstanding service, unparalleled entertainment, and the Disney detail throughout the ship contribute to the magic this beautiful ship delivers. The Disney Magic sails the Caribbean during the winter, various locations in Europe during the summer, and varies her itineraries in the spring and fall.
- There are many chances to meet the Disney characters in a more intimate setting than Disneyland or Walt Disney World.
- The pool deck is packed with entertainment for kids, including the AquaDuck water coaster, a splash park, snacks such as burgers, pizza and ice cream, and a giant movie screen on which to watch new and classic Disney movies.
- The Magic provides its guests with different pools to cater to different needs:
- Goofy's Pool is for bigger kids and families.
- Quiet Cove Pool is for adults only.
- Nephew's Splash Zone is a splash zone for kids under 3.
- AquaLab is a water-themed playgound with a pool.
- The terrific tweens and teens clubs gives your older kids the freedom they crave, as well as the opportunity to make new friends and form bonds that will last a lifetime.
- The Quiet Cove is an Adults Only area on the pool deck, and a very nice place to relax away from the bustling kids areas.
- The nightly shows, which include Tangled: The Musical, is the best that we've seen at sea. Disney is an entertainment company and their nightly shows can't be beat!
- Disney Magic cruises include a Pirate Night where guests dress up as pirates and watch a live pirate show put on by Mickey and Friends, which includes the only fireworks display at sea.
- There are 2 beautiful theaters on the Disney Magic and first run Disney movies are shown in 3D at no extra charge.
- The Disney Magic has 875 staterooms designed especially for families, decorated in a nautical motif with Art Deco accents.
- Ocean View and Verandah staterooms are available that can comfortably accommodate families of 5.
- The Disney staterooms are some of the largest at sea and have a brilliant setup with split bathrooms and a dividing curtain that turns one room into two.
- Concierge staterooms give guests more square footage, concierge services, enhanced room amenities, and exclusive concierge areas on the ship.
- The rotational dining gives guests the chance to eat in three magically themed restaurants while keeping the same wait staff who give wonderful, personalized service.
- Animator's Palate is a restaurant with a unique Animation dinner show.
- Lumiere's is an American and French themed restaurant inspired by Disney's Beauty and the Beast.
- Rapunzel's Royal Table is a dining adventure inpired by Disney's animated movie, Tangled.
- Cabana's buffet is open for breakfast and lunch, and serves many of the same dishes as the main dining rooms for dinner.
- Palo, an Adult Only restaurant, serves Northern Italian cuisine for an extra charge.
- Included in the cruise fare is 24 hour room service and unlimited soda.
- Maiden Voyage: July 30, 1998
- Godmother: Patricia Disney (former wife of Walt Disney's nephew, Roy E. Disney)
- Crew: 945
- Guests: 2.700
- Decks: 11
- Pools: 3 plus 2 splash areas
- Restaurants: 6
- Bars/Lounges: 8
Why Book With Us
- We personally travel on multiple cruises every year and know the ins and outs of different cruise lines.
- You will always have a dedicated travel agent who cares about your vacation to call directly with questions or help with any problems that may arise.
- We can help you plan your pre or post cruise stay including hotels, activities, and transfers.
- You can book your vacation with a low deposit and even utilize our no interest Payment Plan option.
- We can help recommend Shore Excursions that go above and beyond your expectations.
- We have access to discounted airfare and can help you save money!
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Sun, Apr 10, 2016