The Traveling Travel Agent
Disney Dream - A Perfect Walt Disney World Extension
As part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about the cruise ships you want to sail by visiting them firsthand. Recently we had the pleasure of touring the beautiful Disney Dream, sailing 3 and 4 night Bahamian itineraries from Port Canaveral. Like her sister ship, the Disney Fantasy, she delivers unlimited family fun and top-notch service on a wonderfully elegant ship.
We Recommend This Ship For: Families with kids of all ages looking to extend their Walt Disney World Vacation
The AquaDuck is an exciting water coaster that kids love!
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the variety of fun the Disney Dream has to offer. All pictures were taken on our cruise and none have been modified or enhanced.
- Like no other cruise line, from the start of your cruise to the finish, Disney does a terrific job of making you feel important, pampered, and like you are truly on vacation from the everyday stresses of life.
- The attention to detail throughout the ship is amazing and creates a beautiful and elegant yet fun environment in which to spend your vacation at sea.
- The Disney staterooms are great for families and can comfortably accommodate families of 5. They are some of the largest at sea and have a brilliant setup with split bathrooms and a thick curtain that turns one room into two.
- The rotational dining gives you the opportunity to eat in three different delicious themed restaurants while keeping the same wait staff who give wonderful, personalized service.
- There are many opportunities to meet the Disney characters in a much smaller setting than Disneyland or Walt Disney World.
- The pool deck has lots of fun activities for kids including waterslides, pools, a splash park, and a giant movie screen on which to watch Disney movies plus free ice cream and soda.
- Terrific teens club gives your teenageers the freedom they crave and the opportunity to make new friends and form bonds that will last a lifetime
- The Quiet Cove is an Adults Only area of the pool deck that is bigger than other cruise ships and a very nice place to relax away from the bustling kids area.
- The nightly entertainment is the best that we've seen at sea. Disney is an entertainment company and their nightly shows can't be beat!
- Disney has a Pirate Night which is a lot of fun for the entire family and includes dressing up as pirates and a show put on by the Disney characters that ends with the only fireworks at sea.
- There are 2 beautiful theaters on the Disney Dream and first run Disney movies are shown in 3D free of charge.The Disney Dream sails year round out of Port Canaveral alternating between 3 and 4 night Bahamian itineraries, making it an ideal extension to a Walt Disney World Vacation.