As part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. We had the pleasure of sailing on the beautiful Disney Fantasy for a 7-Night Western Caribbean Sailing during her inaugural year in 2012. From the exciting AquaDuck waterslide to the magical, moving animated pictures on the walls, the Disney Fantasy delivered unlimited family fun and top-notch service on a wonderfully elegant ship.
We Recommend This Ship For: Families with kids of all ages, Couples with a Disney affinity, Multi-generational families
There are lots of opportunities to interact with Disney characters throughout the ship.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the variety of fun the Disney Fantasy has to offer. All pictures were taken on our cruise and none have been modified or enhanced.
The Disney Fantasy is Disney Cruise Line's newest ship and the sister ship to the Disney Dream. This ship is a classic beauty, decorated in the Art Nouveau style, and sails year round out of Port Canaveral, alternating between 7-Night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries. The attention to detail throughout the ship is impressive and creates a beautiful and elegant, yet fun environment in which to spend your vacation at sea. Like no other cruise line, from the start of your cruise to the finish, Disney does a terrific job of making you feel important, pampered, and like you are truly on vacation from the everyday stresses of life.
- There are many chances to meet the Disney characters in a more intimate setting than Disneyland or Walt Disney World.
- The pool deck is packed with entertainment for kids, including the AquaDuck water coaster, a splash park, snacks such as burgers, pizza and ice cream, and a giant movie screen on which to watch new and classic Disney movies.
- The Fantasy provides its guests with different pools that cater to different needs:
- Donald's Pool is for bigger kids and families.
- Mickey's Pool is for young children.
- Quiet Cove Pool is for adults only.
- AquaLab and Nemo's Reef are fun-filled splash parks for the kids.
- The terrific tweens and teens clubs gives your older children the freedom they crave, as well as the opportunity to make new friends and form bonds that will last a lifetime.
- The Quiet Cove is a large Adults Only area on the pool deck, and a very nice place to relax away from the bustling kids areas.
- The nightly entertainment is the best that we've seen at sea. Disney is an entertainment company and their nightly shows can't be beat!
- All Disney cruises include Pirate Night, where many quests dress up as pirates to watch a live pirate show put on by the Mickey and Friends and includes the only fireworks display at sea.
- There are 2 beautiful theaters on the Disney Fantasy and first run Disney movies are shown in 3D at no extra charge.
- The Disney Fantasy has 1,250 staterooms designed especially for families in a Nautical motif with Art Deco accents.
- Ocean View and Verandah staterooms are available that can comfortably accommodate families of 5.
- The Disney staterooms are some of the largest at sea and have a brilliant setup with split bathrooms and a dividing curtain that turns one room into two.
- Concierge staterooms give you more square footage, concierge services, enhanced amenities, and exclusive concierge areas on the ship
- Inside staterooms have Magical Porthole windows with real-time ocean views.
- The rotational dining gives guests the chance to eat in three delicious themed restaurants, while keeping the same wait staff who give wonderful, personalized service.
- Animator's Palate - This is a fan favorite with its dinner show called Animation Magic
- Enchanted Garden - A lovely restaurant inspired by the gardens of Versailles
- Royal Court - A French themed restaurant inspired by Disney fairytales
- Cabanas buffet is open for breakfast and lunch, and serves many of the same dishes as the main dining rooms for dinner.
- There are plenty of ways to satisfy your sweet tooth at Sweet on You, Eye Scream Treats, and Frozone Treats.
- Two Adult Only restaurants inlcude Palo, with northern Italian cuisine, and Remy, with French cuisine. Both have an additional charge.
- Included in the cruise fare is 24 hour room service and unlimited soda.
- Most Bahamian and Caribbean cruises stop at Disney's award-winning island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- The beautiful island boasts 3 beaches: a family beach, a sports beach, and and adult only beach.
- The snorkeling lagoon has 2 different underwater trails for snorkelers to follow, plus a hidden Mickey!
- It's the only island in the Bahamas where you can get your picture taken with Goofy or dance with Lilo and Stitch!
- Pelican Plunge is one of two fun playgrounds for kids, complete with 2 twisting waterslides that end right in the ocean.
- The island has a kids club for the little ones with supervised activities and even a Teen Club for your teenagers to hang out on their own.
- A BBQ lunch is served on the island and is included in the cruise fare.
- Maiden Voyage: March 31, 2012
- Godmother: Mariah Carey
- Crew: 1,458
- Guests: 2,500 (double occupancy), 4,000 (maximum)
- Decks: 14
- Pools: 5, plus 2 splash areas
- Restaurants: 8
- Bars/Lounges: 10
Why Book With Us
- We personally travel on multiple cruises every year and know the ins and outs of different cruise lines.
- You will always have a dedicated travel agent who cares about your vacation to call directly with questions or help with any problems that may arise.
- We can help you plan your pre or post cruise stay including hotels, activities, and transfers.
- You can book your vacation with a low deposit and even utilize our no interest Payment Plan option.
- We can help recommend Shore Excursions that go above and beyond your expectations.
- We have access to discounted airfare and can help you save money!
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Sat, Apr 16, 2016