The Traveling Travel Agent
Norwegian Getaway - Great for Families
As part of our ongoing commitment to our valued clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about the latest and greatest cruise ships by visiting them firsthand. Recently we had the pleasure of touring the Norwegian Getaway, sailing the Caribbean from Miami since 2014. This beautiful ship is family dream vacation with something fun for everyone.
We Recommend This Ship For: Families with Children of all ages, Family Reunions, Solo Travelers, and Active Couples
One of many fun kids' areas on the Getaway
We Recommend this Ship For: Families with Children of all ages, Family Reunions, Solo Travelers, and Active Couples
- Never eat or drink at the same place twice with 28 different dining options (some with a charge) and 22 bars and lounges to choose from.
- With all of the great dining and bar choices, you can make your cruise all-inclusive when Norwegian offers their Free At Sea promotion.
- You can eat or have a drink outdoors with amazing ocean views at many different restaurants on The Waterfront.
- The Getaway is great for multi-generational families and other large groups because it caters to a variety of clientele including families, couples, affluent travelers and solo travelers.
- The Haven is a dedicated area for those staying in The Haven Suites and includes a private pool and sundeck, private restaurant and lounge, and the personal service of a certified 24-hour butler, giving one the private luxurious area of a small ship and all of the activities and restaurants of a large ship.
- Studio cabins are available for solo travelers with no single supplement fee and include access to a private studio lounge to meet other solo travelers.
- The pool deck is nothing short of amazing with 5 thrilling waterslides, a ropes course complete with a plank to walk, a rock climbing wall, mini-golf, a kids splash area, and of course swimming pools and plenty of lounge chairs plus the Spice H2O Adults area.
- For only $100, you can have access to the Vibe Beach Club for the entire week of your cruise, giving you a private area to sunbathe and relax as well as a bar to stay hydrated.
- The Getaway will be sailing the Baltic in the summer of 2017 making it one of the newest and most family friendly ships in Europe.
Year Built: 2014
Godmother: Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders
Passengers: 3,963 (double capacity)
Pools & Whirlpools: 9
Bars & Lounges: 22