As part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about the destinations you want to visit by visiting them firsthand. Recently while in Riviera Maya, Mexico, we had the pleasure of staying 4 nights at the beautiful El Dorado Royale Adult Only Gourmet All-Inclusive resort. This resort impressed us with its manicured tropical gardens, commitment to the environment and gourmet food options.
We Recommend This Resort For: Honeymoons, Anniversaries, and Foodies
The lush and tropical grounds create a sense of peace throughout the resort.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself what the El Dorado Royale has to offer. All pictures were taken during our stay and none have been modified or enhanced.
El Dorado by Karisma is an Adults Only Gourmet Inclusive® Spa Resort that offers 3 luxurious vacations in one with access to next door properties El Dorado Casitas Royale and Generations Riviera Maya.
- All of the 478 rooms are luxuriously appointed jacuzzi suites with an oversized jacuzzi tub, large sitting area and a hammock available to use on the balcony or patio.
- There are no wristbands or towel cards required.
- The free wifi is strong and available throughout the resort and the next door properties.
- Long distance calls worldwide are free of charge.
- The mini bar is stocked with water, soda, beer and chips. It is re-stocked daily.
- The Royal section is closer to the beach and also provides an aromatherapy and pillow menu.â
- The El Dorado Royale is only 1/2 hour from airport.
- This resort sits on a mile long stretch of a white sand beach with amazing water color.
- âKan Kanan is a 1.9 kilometer artificial reef that may be a bit of an eye sore currently but as it naturally sinks into the sea, it will create a new habitat for thousands of sea species and protect the coast from erosion.
- Guests at El Dorado Royale receive full access to Generations Riviera Maya and El Dorado Casitas (except Casitas pools) located right next door. It is a 15 minute walk along a lovely beach path or there is shuttle service that runs daily until 11 pm.
- With access to the 2 resorts located directly next door, guests have 12 gourmet restaurants, 3 world class spas, 15 bars, 5 pools and over a mile of unspoiled beach.â
- There are several beautiful places to say "I do" including a lovely Catholic chapel that seats 60 people.
- One particular appealing option at the Naay Spa Royale is a Sky Massage by the sea.
- Of the three neighboring resorts, El Dorado Royale is the most active with La Isla party pool and the show theater for nightly entertainment.
- Outdoor complimentary Tequila Tastings are done every Thursday (reservations required).
- Every Friday they have a 5K run for $15 which goes to help the homeless cats and dogs in the area.
- Seven Gourmet Inclusive® restaurants offer delicious and fresh food in a romantic ambiance.
- Instead of traditional buffets with food sitting out for long periods of time, El Dorado Royale has "Food Displays" where food is continually monitored for freshness.
- El Dorado Royale caters exceptionally well to any dietary need with the exception of Kosher.
- This is the only resort in the Riviera Maya with its own greenhouse. The 76,000 square foot greenhouse serves all 8 Karisma resorts in the area and grows tomatoes, herbs, strawberries, bananas, papayas and more. Tours are given 3 times a week.
- The Fuentes Culinary Theatre is a unique dining experience where the chef explains how dinner is prepared. A celebrity chef is invited on the 1st and 3rd week of each month. Reservations and a fee apply.
- There is a Starbucks on property for an extra charge.
El Dorado Spa Resorts Greenhouse
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Fri, Apr 7