As part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about the destinations you want to visit by visiting them firsthand. Recently while in Riviera Maya, Mexico, we had the pleasure of staying 4 nights at the beautiful El Dorado Royale Adult Only Gourmet All-Inclusive resort. This resort impressed us with its manicured tropical gardens, commitment to the environment and gourmet food options.
We Recommend This Resort For: Honeymoons, Anniversaries, and Foodies
The lush and tropical grounds create a sense of peace throughout the resort.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself what the El Dorado Royale has to offer. All pictures were taken during our stay and none have been modified or enhanced.
- All of the 478 rooms are luxuriously appointed jacuzzi suites with an oversized jacuzzi tub, large sitting area and a hammock available to use on the balcony or patio.
- There are no wristbands or towel cards required.
- The free wifi is strong and available throughout the resort and the next door properties.
- Long distance calls worldwide are free of charge.
- The mini bar is stocked with water, soda, beer and chips. It is re-stocked daily.
- The Royal section is closer to the beach and also provides an aromatherapy and pillow menu.
- The El Dorado Royale is only 1/2 hour from airport.
- This resort sits on a mile long stretch of a white sand beach with amazing water color.
- Kan Kanan is a 1.9 kilometer artificial reef that may be a bit of an eye sore currently but as it naturally sinks into the sea, it will create a new habitat for thousands of sea species and protect the coast from erosion.
- Guests at El Dorado Royale receive full access to Generations Riviera Maya and El Dorado Casitas (except Casitas pools) located right next door. It is a 15 minute walk along a lovely beach path or there is shuttle service that runs daily until 11 pm.
- With access to the 2 resorts located directly next door, guests have 12 gourmet restaurants, 3 world class spas, 15 bars, 5 pools and over a mile of unspoiled beach.
- There are several beautiful places to say "I do" including a lovely Catholic chapel that seats 60 people.
- One particular appealing option at the Naay Spa Royale is a Sky Massage by the sea.
- Of the three neighboring resorts, El Dorado Royale is the most active with La Isla party pool and the show theater for nightly entertainment.
- Outdoor complimentary Tequila Tastings are done every Thursday (reservations required).
- Every Friday they have a 5K run for $15 which goes to help the homeless cats and dogs in the area.
- Seven Gourmet Inclusive® restaurants offer delicious and fresh food in a romantic ambiance.
- Instead of traditional buffets with food sitting out for long periods of time, El Dorado Royale has "Food Displays" where food is continually monitored for freshness.
- El Dorado Royale caters exceptionally well to any dietary need with the exception of Kosher.
- This is the only resort in the Riviera Maya with its own greenhouse. The 76,000 square foot greenhouse serves all 8 Karisma resorts in the area and grows tomatoes, herbs, strawberries, bananas, papayas and more. Tours are given 3 times a week.
- The Fuentes Culinary Theatre is a unique dining experience where the chef explains how dinner is prepared. A celebrity chef is invited on the 1st and 3rd week of each month. Reservations and a fee apply.
- There is a Starbucks on property for an extra charge.
El Dorado Spa Resorts Greenhouse
Request a Quote
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Fri, Apr 7