As a part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. Recently we had the pleasure of sailing on one of the largest cruise ships at sea on a 7 night Eastern Caribbean sailing adventure. This ship impressed us with its spectacular entertainment, wide variety of fun activities, and a surprising lack of crowds, considering the number of guests and crew on the ship.
We Recommend This Ship For: Families with kids of all ages, Multi Generations and Groups
Although she carries over 6,000 passengers, it rarely feels crowded on board with so many different areas.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the great family fun the Harmony of the Seas has to offer. All pictures were taken during our cruise and have not been modified or enhanced.
Harmony of the Seas was once the largest cruise ship at sea carrying up to 6,780 guests and 2,175 crew. With a ship this size, there is very little movement felt while cruising. Despite the large amount of people onboard, the ship rarely feels crowded because there are 7 unique, fun-filled neighborhoods dispersing people throughout the large ship. There truly is something for everyone on board, from the thrilling 10-story Utimate Abyss dry slide, to relaxing in the adult only Solarium sanctuary. You can even enjoy complementary ice skating, diving and Broadway shows, plus much more, all on the beautiful Caribbean Sea!
- The outdoor AquaTheater in the Boardwalk neighborhood has two breathtaking water shows complete with daring high dives, aerial acrobatics, and the deepest pool at sea that astonishingly changes depths.
- Entertainment Place includes the Amber Theater that shows the Broadway hit musical Grease. There is also Studio B, an ice skating rink that offers two spectacular performances, as well as free skate times for guests.
- Complimentary signature activities include the 10-story Utimate Abyss dry slide, the Perfect Storm trio of waterslides, Zip Lining, two Rock Climbing Walls, two FlowRider Surf Simulators, Mini-Golf, Ping-Pong, Basketball and the Splashaway Bay waterpark for young children, plus multiple swimming pools and hot tubs.
- Adventure Ocean Youth and Teen Program offer creative, educational, and fun programs for kids, tweens, and teens.
- You can stay connected and share your fun on social media with the fastest WiFi at sea.
- The PADI dive center onboard allows you to become a fully certified diver during your cruise.
- The Royal Promenade also includes a variety of cafes, entertainment (from live bands to DreamWorks character parades), and duty free shops that sell fine jewelry, watches, and much more.
- For the adults who simply want to relax, the Solarium is an adults only sanctuary with plenty of comfortable deck chairs and three hot tubs.
- The running track is almost a half mile long (2.4 laps equal 1 mile), wraps around the entire ship, and connects to a large, state of the art gym.
- There are a total of 2,747 Staterooms including 1,957 Balcony, 266 Outside, 488 Inside, 76 Virtual Balcony and 46 Accessible.
- Unique Park View Balcony staterooms offer lovely views of the gardens of Central Park.
- The Boardwalk View Balcony staterooms overlook the colorful, fun-filled Boardwalk and are great for families who want to be close to the action.
- All staterooms are efficiently designed with smart uses of small spaces and plenty of shelves and drawers for unpacking.
- Even the most discerning guests will be happy in the luxurious, well-appointed suites which offer special amenities and inclusions such as unlimited beverages, complementary WiFi and even a Royal Genie (butler).
- The Aqua Suites are well placed in the back of the ship with beautiful wrap-around balconies and a perfect view of the spectacular shows at the AquaTheater.
Food & Drink
- In addition to the standard main dining room and buffet, there are plenty of complimentary dining choices in the different neighborhoods that include:
- The Boardwalk has hot dogs at the Dog House and breakfast burritos at Johnny Rockets.
- The Royal Promenade has sandwiches and desserts at Cafe Promenade and pizza at Sorrentos.
- Central Park has healthy snack and meal options at the Park Cafe.
- The Sports Deck has burgers and ice cream at the Wipeout Cafe.
- Also complimentary is the Solarium Bistro for adults only, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in a quiet setting.
- Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine is a specialty dining experience with unique food pairings in a spectacular ambiance.
- Central Park, with its 12,000 live plants, is a lovely place to dine and offers outdoor seating at specialty restaurants Chops Grill, 150 Central Park, and Jamie's Italian.
- The Royal Promenade is a great gathering place inside the ship with shopping, dining (complimentary and specialty) and lounges featuring excellent live music.
- There are two very unique bars that include the Bionic Bar with robotic arms to make your drinks and the Rising Tide Bar that rises and descends 3 decks as you enjoy your cocktail.
- Maiden Voyage: May 29, 2016
- Godmother: Brittany Affolter
- 2,175 International Crew
- 5,494 Guests at Double Occupancy, 6,780 Guests total
- 215.5 feet wide and 1,188 feet long
- 18 Total Decks (16 Guest Decks), 24 Guest Elevators, and 4 Bow Thrusters with 7,500 horse power each
- 15 Restaurants and 14 Bars & Lounges
- 7 Neighborhoods: Central Park, Boardwalk, Royal Promenade, Pool & Sports Zone, Vitality at Sea Spa & Fitness Center, Entertainment Place, and Youth Zone
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Sun, Jan 14