As part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about the destinations you want to visit by visiting them firsthand. Recently we had the pleasure of sailing on the largest cruise ship at sea, as of 2017, on a 7 night Eastern Caribbean sailing. This ship impressed us with its impressive entertainment, wide variety of fun activities and a surprising lack of crowds considering the size of the ship.
We Recommend This Ship For: Families with kids of all ages, Multi Generations and Groups
Although she carries over 6,000 passengers, it rarely feels crowded on board with so many different areas.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the great family fun the Harmony of the Seas has to offer. All pictures were taken during our cruise and none have been modified or enhanced.
As of 2017, Harmony of the Seas is the largest cruise ship at sea carrying up to 6,780 guests and 2,175 crew. However, with 7 unique fun-filled neighborhoods dispersing people throughout the large ship, it rarely feels crowded. There really is something for everyone on board from a thrilling zip line ride 10 decks above to relaxing in the adult only Solarium sanctuary and sampling unique food pairings in the Wonderland restaurant to watching the amazing divers at the AquaTheater.
- The outdoor AquaTheater near the Boardwalk has 2 amazing water shows complete with daring high dives, aerial acrobatics and a pool that changes depths.
- Entertainment Place includes the Amber Theater that shows the Broadway hit musical Grease as well as its own original production and Studio B, an ice skating rink that offers 2 spectacular performances plus free skate times for guests.
- Complimentary signature activities include the 10-story Utimate Abyss dry slide, The Perfect Storm trio of waterslides, Zip Lining, Rock Climbing Wall, 2 FlowRider surf simulators, mini-golf, basketball and the kids waterpark, Splashaway Bay.
- Adventure Ocean Youth and Teen Program offer creative, educational and fun programs.
- You can stay connected and share the fun you are having on social media with the best wifi at sea.
- The PADI dive center onboard allows you to become a fully certified diver during your cruise.
- For the adults who simply want to relax, the Solarium is an adults only sanctuary with plenty of comfortable deck chairs and 3 hot tubs.
- There are a total of 2,747 Staterooms including 1,957 Balcony, 266 Outside, 488 Inside, 76 Virtual Balcony and 46 Accessible
- Unique Park View Balcony staterooms offer lovely views of the gardens of Central Park.
- The Boardwalk View Balcony staterooms overlook the colorful, fun-filled Boardwalk and are great for families who want to be close to the action.
- All staterooms are efficiently designed with smart uses of small spaces and plenty of shelves and drawers for unpacking.
- Even the most discerning guests will be happy in the luxurious, well-appointed suites which offer special amenities and inclusions such as unlimited beverages, complimentary wifi and even a Royal Genie.
- The Aqua Suites are well placed in the back of the ship with beautiful wrap-around balconies and a perfect view of the amazing shows at the AquaTheater.
Food & Drink
- In addition to the standard main dining room and buffet, there are plenty of complimentary dining choices including the Boardwalk Dog House and breakfast burritos at Johnny Rockets on the Boardwalk, Cafe Promenade and Sorrentos Pizza on the Royal Promenade, Mini Bites on the pool deck, and Park Cafe in Cental Park.
- Also complimentary is the Solarium Bistro for adults only, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in a quiet setting.
- Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine is a specialty dining experience with unique food pairings in a spectacular ambiance.
- Central Park, with its 12,000 live plants, is a lovely place to dine and offers outdoor seating at specialty restuarants Chops Grill, 150 Central Park and Jamie's Italian.
- The Royal Promenade is a great gathering place inside the ship with shopping, dining and lounges.
- 2 very unique bars include the Bionic Bar with robotic arms to make your drinks and the Rising Tide Bar that rises and descends 3 decks.
- Maiden Voyage: May 29, 2016
- Godmother: Brittany Affolter
- 2,175 International Crew
- 5,494 Guests at Double Occupancy, 6,780 Guests total
- 215.5 feet wide and 1,188 feet long
- 18 Total Decks (16 Guest Decks), 24 Guest Elevators, and 4 Bow Thrusters with 7,500 horse power each
- 15 Restaurants and 14 Bars & Lounges
- 7 Neighborhoods: Central Park, Boardwalk, Royal Promenade, Pool & Sports Zone, Vitality at Sea Spa & Fitness Center, Entertainment Place, and Youth Zone
Request a Quote
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Sun, Jan 14