As part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about the destinations you want to visit by visiting them firsthand. Recently while in the Riviera Maya, Mexico, we had the pleasure of staying 6 nights at the beautiful All-Inclusive Riu Palace Riviera Maya. This resort impressed us with its amazing beach, beautiful grounds and friendly staff.
We Recommend This Resort For: Couples, Anniversaries, and Groups
The Riu Palace Riviera Maya grounds and architecture is gorgeous.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the classic beauty of Riu Palace Riviera Maya. All pictures were taken during our stay and none have been modified or enhanced.
- The premier highlight of the Riu Palace Riviera Maya is its location on the best strecth of Playacar Beach with a wide expanse of perfect white sand and amazing aqua marine water.
- The wide beach has a plethora of palm trees for shade which only adds to the beauty of an already lovely beach.
- Its location within the gated community of Playacar makes it very safe with few beach vendors.
- The resort is set on lush tropical grounds with a compact layout enabling you to walk virtually anywhere within the resort within 5 minutes, including the beach.
- All rooms are spacious Junior Suites and include a lounge area, hydromassage bathtub, WiFi, air conditioning, a minibar and beverage dispenser, a coffee maker and a balcony or terrace.
- It is only a 15-20 minute walk into Playa del Carmen for shopping, nightlife and the ferry to Cozumel or you can take a stroll along the beach to get into town.
- For closer shopping, there is a shopping plaza with many local crafts within the gated community of Playacar only a 5 minute walk away.
- The lobby bar is a nice place to relax with live piano music and premium drinks.
- There is a fun show every night on the small stage including a great Mariachi band, a Mexican tribute, a Las Vegas show and more.
- If you win one of the daily competitions like darts or horse shoes, you get to collect your prize on stage before the show each night.
- The entertainment staff at the resort are extremely friendly and fun.
- There are plenty of food and activity options with full exchange privileges at the other nearby Riu resorts.
- With a generous group amenity program, you can stay for free with as few as 5 rooms booked.
- The resort is decorated in a beautiful, classic European style.
Request a Quote
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Sun, Jan 14