As part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. Recently while in the Dominican Republic, we had the pleasure of staying 2 nights at the modern and luxurious All-Inclusive Now Onyx Punta Cana. This resort impressed us with its wide remote beach, great pools and modern spa-like rooms.
We Recommend This Resort For: Young Couples, Honeymoons, and Weddings
Now Onyx Punta Cana sits on a remote, wide stretch of palm-studded beach.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the stunning beauty of Now Onyx Punta Cana. All pictures were taken during our stay and none have been modified or enhanced.
Located on the golden beach of Uvero Alto, Now Onyx Punta Cana is a new and modern all-inclusive resort that opened in November 2016. This luxurious resort offers plenty of opportunities for pampering with its outdoor whirlpools in every suite, five swimming pools to choose from, unlimited gourmet a la carte dining with no reservations required and interntational and domestic top-shelf spirits; all with no pesky wristbands required.
- The Now Onyx Punta Cana has 502 spacious suites with modern soothing decor that feature a whirlpool on every suite's private terrace or balcony.
- All ground floor suites are swim out suites offering direct access to the pool from the terrace.
- Each suite has a daily refreshed mini-bar with beer, soda, juice, water and soft drinks.
- Other luxurious amenities include Gilchrist & Soames bath amenities, 24-hour room service, complimentary wifi, flat screen LED cable TV with American channels, coffee and tea maker, hair dryer, bathrobes and slippers, alarm clock with phone charger, USB ports, electronic in-room safe, iron and ironing board and work desk.
- The Preferred Club Suites offer an even higher level of luxury with their preferred location, 2 private lounges, and exclusive pool and beach areas.
- There are five pools to choose from, including an infinity pool, a children's pool and a saltwater pool.
- The Explorer's Club is a fully supervised kids club with lots of fun activities such as arts & crafts, treasure hunts and video games.
- The Core Zone Teen's Club is open until midnight and allows your teens to enjoy sports, games, and socials with their peers.
- After the sun goes down, nightly activities include big screen movies on the beach and nightly entertainment at the open air theater.
- Other activities included are 2 tennis courts, beach volleyball, pool tables, dance classes, Spanish classes, aerobics & water aerobics, non-motorized water sports, snorkeling, sailing, kayaks, and introductory scuba diving lessons in the pool.
- Adults have access to the After Dark nightclub and the Fitness Center at Breathless next door.
- The Now Onyx Punta Cana is located on a remote stretch of the Uvero Alto beach with very fine, soft sand and virtually no rocks.
- You can walk seemingly forever along the beach with very few other resorts and not a lot of people.
- Gorgeous sunrises can be enjoyed from your balcony in the ocean view rooms.
- Adults have access to an additional 7 bars and 11 restaurants plus the pools and entertainment with exchange privileges at Breathless Punta Cana right next door.
- Exciting nearby excurions include ziplining over the jungle, cave expeditions, and discovering a hidden cenote or offshore island.
Request a Quote
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Sat, Jan 27