As part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. Recently while in the Dominican Republic, we had the pleasure of touring the family friendly All-Inclusive Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa. This AAA Four Diamond resort impressed us with its terrific kids clubs, large swimming pool, and impressive Wedding venues.
We Recommend This Resort For: Families, Groups, and Destination Weddings
Dreams Punta Cana is located on the golden sands of Uvero Alto.
Located on the golden beach of Uvero Alto on the East Coast of the Dominican Republic, the Dreams Punta Cana has been voted "Best Family Friendly Resort - Caribbean" and "Best Pool - Caribbean" multiple times. This beautiful resort wraps around one of the largest pools in the Caribbean and boasts a wealth of activities to keep the entire family entertained.
Dreams Punta Cana also includes endless luxuries such as limitless access to gourmet dining, unlimited top-shelf spirits, pool and beach wait service, theme parties, and live nightly entertainment; and all with no pesky towel cards or wristbands!
- Dreams Punta Cana has one of the largest pools in the area, stretching from the lobby all the way down to the beach, and has been nominated one of the top 10 in the world.
- Non motorized watersports included are catamarans, kayaks, windsurfing, snorkeling, hobie cats, ocean trampoline, water cycles, and introductory scuba classes in the pool.
- Other activities offered are basketball, beach volleyball, croquet, archery, water aerobics, yoga, giant chess, spanish classes, dance lessons, cooking classes, and more!
- With over 500 Destination Weddings a year, they are wedding experts and include a beautifully unique wedding gazebo for the ceremony and a luxurious bridal suite to get ready for the big day.
- There is a 1643 square foot onsite casino with slot machines, blackjack tables, poker tables and roulette tables.
- One of the best kids clubs, the Core Zone for ages 3-12, includes a playground and dino dig area, Pirate Ship water slide, indoor game room with virtual reality Play Station, splash fountain, sand castle contests, hiking, big screen movies on the beach and much more.
- The Explorer Club features nightly social events for teens including bonfires and disco mixers plus a vast array of sports and games including batting cages, basketball, pool and ping pong.
- Complimentery Rum tastings by the beach are given on Mondays and Fridays.
Rooms & Suites
- The resort has 620 luxurious rooms & suites that include one king-size bed or two double beds, private balcony or terrace, satellite TV, bathrobes and slippers, air conditioning, iPod dock, safety deposit box, complimentary WiFi, and a daily re-stocked minibar.
- Preferred Club rooms and suites also include a Preferred Lounge with drinks and hors d'oeuvres, concierge service, private beach area, daily continental breakfast service, pillow menu, upgraded mini-bar, and upgraded bath amenities.
- The Deluxe Family Room and Preferred Club Family Room sleep up to 6 guests (4 adults max.)
- Butler service is available at an additional charge for all Preferred Club room categories.
Food & Drink
- Guests enjoy unlimited access to 6 gourmet a la carte restaurants, with no reservations required, a buffet, and 24 hour room service.
- Also included is the Coco Cafe, which serves specialty coffees, pastries and snacks 24 hours a day.
- Seaside Grill and Oceana are a la carte restaurants that offer some of the best ocean views in the Caribbean. Breakfast and lunch at Oceana is for guests staying in the Preferred Club only.
- Enjoy dinner, cocktails and live entertainment at sister resort Now Onyx, only 5 minutes away, with the Sip, Savor & See program.
- The 10 bars, including a swim up bar, serve top shelf spirits.
- A private candlelit, seaside dinner for two can be arranged for an additional charge to celebrate a romantic occasion.
- The Dreams Punta Cana is located on a pristine golden beach in Uvero Alto on the East Coast of the Dominican Republic.
- The resort is about a 35 minute drive from the Punta Cana International Airport.
- Soana Island, Catalina Island, and Scape Park are all popular nearby excursions.
- Golfers can choose from four great golf courses located close to the resort.
- The resort is located on beautifully manicured grounds with tropical plants, swaying palm trees, and Flamingo Lake, where you can see these stunning pink birds lounging by the water.
Why Book With Us
- We know the best All-Inclusive resorts in the Caribbean, Costa Rica, and Mexico and can help you get the most value for your travel dollar with our firsthand knowledge.
- You will always have a dedicated travel agent who cares about your vacation to contact directly with questions or help with any problems that may arise.
- Round-trip airport transfers are included with our packages so there is no need to worry about finding a ride at a foreign airport.
- You can book your vacation with a low deposit and even utilize our no fee, no interest Payment Plan option.
- We have partnered with the best Destination Management companies who will take good care of you from start to finish once in your destination.
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my All-Inclusive Resort reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Sat, Feb 10, 2018