As a part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. While in the Riviera Maya, Mexico, we had the pleasure of touring the beautiful All-Inclusive Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya for adults only. This resort impressed us with its pristine stretch of white sand beach, beautiful grounds, and luxurious suites.
We Recommend This Resort For: Couples, Honeymoon, and Anniversaries
Secrets Akumal sits on a pristine stretch of white sand beach with electric blue water.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the stunning beauty of Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya. All pictures were taken during our stay and have not been modified or enhanced.
Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya is located along the famed white-sand beaches and calm, clear waters of Akumal. It has been rated as one of the "Top 10 Beaches in Mexico" by TripAdvisor®. With a name meaning "place of the turtle" in Mayan, Akumal is known for its green sea turtle population and beautiful beaches. This resort is a great snorkeling destination and guests can even swim with the sea turtles using complimentary snorkel equipment. This striking resort includes luxuries such as limitless access to gourmet dining, unlimited top-shelf spirits, pool and beach wait service, theme parties, as well as live nightly entertainment; and all with no pesky towel cards or wristbands!
- Many of the luxurious 434 suites at Secrets Akumal offer majestic ocean views, and all have a private terrace or balcony, in-suite whirlpool for two, and complimentary mini-bar
- The 24-hour room service includes a brilliant "secret box" for private delivery.
- Each room is decorated with authentic Mexican art including Huipil and Reboz from Oaxaca and La Huasteca style embroidery with Mayan gold accents.
- Preferred Club rooms enjoy an upgraded suite in buildings closer to the ocean, access to an exclusive lounge with a business center, special concierge service and other enhanced amenities.
- The ground floor rooms are swim out suites with a plunge pool right off of your private terrace.
- Guests can walk to downtown Akumal, located right next door, for shopping, dining, and sightseeing.
- Secrets Akumal sits on a beach known for its sea turtle population. Guests are provided with complimentary snorkel equipment and can swim with the turtles right off the beach of the resort. Since the beach is public, outside tour companies will bring other travelers to snorkel in the area.
- Bike tours are offered to nearby Yal-ku Lagoon two times a week. It is a 15 minute bike ride each way and once at the lagoon guests can snorkel in its clear waters.
- Secrets Akumal is approximately a one hour drive south of Cancun Airport.
- There are plenty of food options to choose from with unlimited access to 6 gourmet a la carte restaurants, a grill, a buffet, and a cafe with no reservations required.
- Guests can meet the chefs on a kitchen tour and see what goes on behind the scenes in the Secrets Akumal’s kitchen.
- Secrets Akumal also offers cooking classes with the chefs.
- Gluten-free and vegetarian menu options are available at each dining venue.
- For a fun night out, the Sip, Savor, and See program allows guests to enjoy comlimentary dinner and drinks plus live entertainment at nearby participating AMResorts (16 total resorts) from 6 pm to 1 am. Transportation costs are not inlcuded.
Why Book With Us
- We know the best resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean and can help you get the most value for your travel dollar.
- You will always have a dedicated travel agent who cares about your vacation to call directly with questions or help with any problems that may arise.
- Round-trip airport transfers are included with our packages so there is no need to worry about finding a ride at a foreign airport.
- You can book your vacation with a low deposit and even utilize our no interest Payment Plan option.
- We have partnered with the best Destination Management companies who will take good care of you from start to finish once in your destination.
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Wed, Jun 13