As a part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. Recently we had the pleasure of sailing on one of the largest cruise ships at sea on a 7 night Eastern Caribbean sailing. This ship impressed us with her wide variety of fun activities, great entertainment options, and crew members that went out of their way to give great service.
We Recommend This Ship For: Families with kids of all ages, Multi Generations and Groups
There are plenty of pools to choose from on this large ship.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the great family fun the Oasis of the Seas has to offer. All pictures were taken during our cruise and have not been modified or enhanced.
The Oasis of the Seas is one of the largest cruise ships at sea carrying over 6,000 guests and over 2,000 crew. With a ship this size, there is very little movement felt while cruising. Despite the large amount of people onboard, the ship rarely feels crowded because there are 7 unique, fun-filled neighborhoods dispersing people throughout the large ship. There is something fun for everyone on board, from a thrilling zip line ride 7 decks above, to relaxing in the adult only Solarium sanctuary. You can even enjoy ice skating and diving shows, plus much more, all on the beautiful Caribbean Sea!
- The outdoor AquaTheater in the Boardwalk neighborhood has two impressive water shows complete with daring high dives, aerial acrobatics, and the deepest pool at sea that astonishingly changes depths.
- Entertainment Place includes the Opal Theater, featuring the Broadway hit musical Cats, as well as its own original production. There is also Studio B, an ice skating rink offering the spectacular show, Frozen in Time, plus free skate times for guests to lace up their own skates.
- Complimentary signature activities include Zip Lining, two Rock Climbing Walls, two FlowRider Surf Simulators, Mini-Golf, Basketball, Ping-Pong, a Carousel, and the H2O Zone Waterpark for young children, plus multiple swimming pools and hot tubs.
- Adventure Ocean Youth and Teen Program offer creative, educational and fun programs for kids, tweens, and teens.
- You can stay connected and share your fun on social media with the fastest WiFi at sea.
- The PADI dive center onboard allows you to become a fully certified diver during your cruise.
- For the adults who simply want to relax, the Solarium is an adults only sanctuary with plenty of comfortable deck chairs, two hot tubs and an adult only pool.
- The Royal Promenade also includes a variety of cafes, entertainment (from live bands to DreamWorks character parades), and duty free shops that sell fine jewelry, watches, and much more.
- The running track is almost a half mile long (2.4 laps equal 1 mile), wraps around the entire ship, and connects to a large, state of the art gym.
- There are a total of 2,743 staterooms, including 1,796 Balcony, 254 Ocean View, and 174 Suites.
- Unique Park View Balcony staterooms offer lovely views of the gardens of Central Park.
- The Boardwalk View Balcony staterooms overlook the colorful, fun-filled Boardwalk and are great for families who want to be close to the action.
- All staterooms are efficiently designed with smart uses of small spaces and plenty of shelves and drawers for unpacking.
- Even the most discerning guests will be happy in the luxurious, well-appointed suites which offer special amenities and inclusions such as unlimited beverages, complementary WiFi and even a Royal Genie (butler).
- The Aqua Suites are well placed in the back of the ship with beautiful wrap-around balconies and a perfect view of the impressive shows at the AquaTheater.
- In addition to the standard main dining room and buffet, there are plenty of complimentary dining choices in the different neighborhoods that include:
- The Boardwalk has hot dogs at the Dog House and breakfast burritos at Johnny Rockets.
- The Royal Promenade has sandwiches and desserts at Cafe Promenade and pizza at Sorrentos.
- Central Park has healthy snack and meal options at the Park Cafe.
- The Sports Deck has burgers and ice cream at the Wipeout Cafe.
- Also complimentary is the Solarium Bistro for adults only, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in a quiet setting.
- Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine is a specialty dining experience with unique food pairings in a spectacular ambiance.
- Central Park, with its 12,000 live plants, is a lovely place to dine and offers outdoor seating at specialty restaurants Chops Grill and 150 Central Park, as well as the complimentary Park Cafe.
- The Royal Promenade is a great gathering place inside the ship with shopping, dining (specialty and complementary), and lounges featuring excellent live music.
- Maiden Voyage: December 5, 2009
- Godmothers: Gloria Estefan, Michelle Kwan, Dara Torres, Keshia Knight Pulliam, Shawn Johnson, Jane Seymour and Daisy Fuentes (7 Godmothers to represent her 7 neighborhoods)
- 2,175 International Crew
- 5,400 Guests at Double Occupancy, 6,296 Guests total
- 215.5 feet wide and 1,186 feet long
- 18 Total Decks (16 Guest Decks), 24 Guest Elevators, and 4 Bow Thrusters with 7,400 horse power each
- 16 Restaurants and 14 Bars & Lounges
- 7 Neighborhoods: Central Park, Boardwalk, Royal Promenade, Pool & Sports Zone, Vitality at Sea Spa & Fitness Center, Entertainment Place, and Youth Zone
Two Vacations in One with Universal Orlando
- For the ultimate land meets sea adventure, Royal Caribbean has teamed up with Universal Orlando Resort for a double-the-fun family vacation. This exclusive vacation package combines the three imaginative Universal Orlando theme parks with the bold and innovative Oasis of the Seas.
Included in the package:
- 2, 3, or 4 Nights at a Universal Orlando Resort including hotel accommodations and Park-to-Park admission to Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, and Universal's Volcano Bay
- 7-Night Eastern or Western Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas (3 or 4-Night Bahamas cruises on Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas are also available)
- All transfers between the Orlando airport, Universal Orlando Resort, and Port Canaveral
- Exclusive theme park benefits including Early Park Admission one hour before the theme parks open (valid theme park admission required)
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Sun, Jun 17, 2018