As a part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. Recently while in Jamaica, we had the pleasure of staying 3 nights at the beautiful All-Inclusive Sandals South Coast Resort & Spa for couples only. This resort impressed us with its beautiful grounds, delicious food, and luxurious suites which all overlook the two mile beach.
We Recommend This Resort For: Couples, Honeymoon, and Milestone Anniversaries for those who want to get away from it all
Sandals South Coast is a European-style Beach Resort & Spa.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the natural beauty of Sandals South Coast. All pictures were taken during our stay and none have been modified or enhanced.
Sandals South Coast is a Five Star Diamond Award winning resort located on a 500 acre wilderness preserve within the lush and untouched South Coast of Jamaica. This resort is all about the water with an Over-the Water Bar, Over-the-Water Wedding Chapel, Over-the-Water Romantic Dining, and even Over-the-Water Bungalow Butler suites, all located along their two mile stretch of beach.
- Sandals has been voted one of the Top 5 Dive Operations in the Western Hemisphere by PADI and they include daily 2-tank dives at no extra charge.
- Also included at Sandals South Coast are motorized watersports (including waterskiing, wakeboarding, and kneeboarding), hobey cats with a quide, glass bottom boat snorkel trips to nearby reefs, kayaks, windsurfing, and paddle boarding.
- Sandals South Coast has 3 large swimming pools, one at each village, with the Italian village boasting Jamaica's largest pool.
- Nightly entertainment includes a Caribbean Carnival Beach Party, Country and Western Night, and a White Night Chocolate Party with a live local band and dancing.
Rooms & Suites
- Each luxurious room and suite overlooks the two mile beach and includes a king size bed, mahogany furniture and tile floors, satellite tv, deluxe amenity kit, IPod docking station, large bathroom, private balcony, and a minibar stocked daily with Robert Mondavi wine, local beer, bottled water, juice and soda.
Club Level rooms include everything above plus:
- 24-hour access to the Club Sandals Lounge and a private check-in with a chilled towel and champagne
- Weekly hosted activities like a Cocktail party, a Martini evening, Wine tasting, Snorkeling and exclusive Island Routes Tours
- In Room/Suite bars with Scotch, Vodka, Rum, Whiskey, wine, beer, juices, sodas, and water
- Room service available from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm daily
- This European-style beach resort features 3 authentic architectually designed beachfront villages: Italian, Dutch, and French.
- The Italian Village is the closest to the main pool and restaurants with newly renovated rooms.
- Next door is the Dutch Village, located near the Latitudes Over-the-Water bar.
- Furthest from the action is the French Village, located near the Over-the-Water Bungalows.
- There are 12 spectacular and luxurious Over-the-Water Bungalows with glass floor panels to see the water below, private patios with over-water hammocks and outdoor shower, and Butler Elite service to take care of your every need.
Food & Drink
- Guests will enjoy a variety of delicious food at the 8 different a la carte restaurants and one buffet.
- There are 7 bars including 2 swim up bars and the signature Latitudes bar, a unique Over-the-Water bar with beautiful ocean views and relaxing overwater hammocks.
- The Jerk Shack serves authentic Jamaican Jerk specialties on the beach for lunch and snacks.
- Sushi on the Sand serves exotic made to order sushi for dinner.
- Known as one of the best coffees in the world, Jamaica's Blue Mountain Coffee, is served throughout the resort.
- Sandals South Coast is in a remote and untouched location in the south of Jamaica located on a 500 acre wilderness preserve.
- This beachfront resort is on a two mile stretch of beach with no resort neighbors on either side.
- The unspoiled beach is fairly wide with light tan sand and gorgeous blue/green water.
- There are no beach vendors.
- Despite the remoteness of the resort, nearby adventures include YS Falls, Appleton Estate Rum Tours, Dune Buggy Treks, and Deep Sea Fishing.
- Many cats are on property and taken care of by Sandals for rodent control.
Why Book With Us
- We know the best resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean and can help you get the most value for your travel dollar.
- You will always have a dedicated travel agent who cares about your vacation to call directly with questions or help with any problems that may arise.
- Round-trip airport transfers are included with our packages so there is no need to worry about finding a ride at a foreign airport.
- You can book your vacation with a low deposit and even utilize our no interest Payment Plan option.
- We have partnered with the best Destination Management companies who will take good care of you from start to finish once in your destination.
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Sun, Aug 19, 2018