As a part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. Recently we had the pleasure of sailing on a 7-Night Voyage of the Glaciers cruise on the lovely Coral Princess. This ship impressed us with its remarkable Alaskan itinerary, relaxing atmosphere, and wonderful service.
We Recommend This Resort For: Couples and Families looking for authentic destination immersion
The Coral Princess sails through beautiful Glacier Bay and offers stunning views throughout the ship.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the classic elegance of the Coral Princess. All pictures were taken during our cruise and none have been modified or enhanced.
Refurbished in 2016, the Coral Princess was named Best Mid-Size Cruise Ship for Service by Cruise Critic. This relaxing and classic cruise ship boasts top notch dining, open outdoor decks that are easy to get around, and a covered pool area perfect for the cool weather of Alaska. The open decks offer great views of the majestic mountains, glaciers, and wildlife. Inside this lovely ship, you will find intimate sitting areas, elegant lounges with live entertainment, and duty-free shopping.
Ports of Call
Between May and September, the Coral Princess sails either Northbound or Southbound between Vancouver, British Columbia and Whittier, Alaska on her Voyage of the Glaciers itinerary.
- Ketchikan - Known as the Salmon capital of the world
- Juneau - Popular for whale watching and the Mendenhall Glacier, also home to the Alaskan Brewing Company
- Skagway - A gold rush town known for its scenic train into Canada
- Glacier Bay Cruising - With 3.3 million acres of forest land, it offers stunning mountiain and glacier views plus wildlife sightings
- College Fjord Cruising or Hubbard Glacier Cruising - Both offer more scenic cruising with glacier and wildlife viewings
- Alaska is brought on board with local salmon and halibut served in the dining rooms, Alaskan brewed beer served at the bars, and other local delicacies served throughout the ship.
- Other onboard Alaska programs inlcude the Husky Puppies in the Piazza and a series of educational lectures on the wildlife and history of Alaska.
- The open outdoor areas never feel crowded and make it easy to find a place to witness the stunning beauty of Alaska or to watch for whales, dolphins, and sea otters.
- The waters are teaming with wildlife which can be seen throughout the cruise from inside or outside if you keep your eye on the ocean! Follow the flocks of birds to see whales and dolphins.
- The giant outdoor movie screen plays both movies and major sporting events.
- There is quality live entertainment throughout the ship whether in the Princess Theater, inside the atrium on the Piazza, or in one of the many lounges.
- Live traditional music is played each evening for the couples who enjoy ballroom dancing.
- Other enjoyable onboard activities include the Galley Tour, Wine Tastings, and Afternoon Tea.
- Year Built: 2002
- Godfather: Panamanian President Mireya Moscoso
- Total Cost: US $360,000,000
- Crew: 930
- Passengers: 2,368 (max. capacity)
- Decks: 16
- Pools & Whirlpools: 7
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Sun, Sep 23