As a part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. Recently we had the pleasure of sailing on the Ruby Princess on a fun-filled 7-Night Mexican Riviera cruise. She dazzled us with her classic beauty, wonderful service, and wide variety of live entertainment options.
We Recommend This Resort For: Couples and Families looking for authentic destination immersion
The Ruby Princess has wide open decks for great scenic and wildlife viewing.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the classic beauty of the Ruby Princess and her beautiful ports of call!
The Ruby Princess gives one a feeling of relaxing elegance and classic beauty throughout with service and food that are both top notch. The outdoor decks are open, easy to get around, and never crowded while the inside offers intimate seating areas, elegant lounges and duty-free shopping. When cruising in Alaska, the open decks offer great views of the majestic mountains, glaciers, and wildlife.
Ports of Call
The Ruby Princess sails round-trip from Seattle on her "Inside Passage with Glacier Bay" voyage from May to September
- Juneau - Popular for whale watching and the Mendenhall Glacier, also home to the Alaskan Brewing Company
- Skagway - A gold rush town known for its scenic train into Canada
- Glacier Bay Cruising - With 3.3 million acres of forest land, it offers stunning mountiain and glacier views plus wildlife sightings
- Ketchikan - Known as the Salmon capital of the world
- Victoria - A quaint city in British Columbia known for its British charm
The Ruby Princess also sails round-trip from Los Angeles on her "Mexican Riviera" and "Cabo San Lucas Getaway" voyages from January to March
- Cabo San Lucas - Where the desert meets the sea with stunning scenery and great fishing
- Mazatlan - Known for its cliff divers and shrimp
- Puerto Vallarta - A great place to snorkel or take a stroll along its famous beachside promenade, El Malecon
- Alaska is brought on board with local salmon and halibut served in the dining rooms, Husky Puppies in the Piazza, and a series of educational talks on the wildlife and history of Alaska.
- There is a secluded pool, hot tub and eating area in the back of the ship that makes a nice place to relax out of the wind.
- The giant outdoor movie screens plays both movies and major sporting events.
- The many open outdoor areas make it easy to find a place to relax or whale watch and never feels crowded.
- There is quality live entertainment throughout the ship whether out on the pool deck, inside the atrium on the Piazza, or in one of the many lounges.
- A live Mariachi band plays in the Piazza on the Mexico port of call days.
- Live traditional music is played each evening for the couples who enjoy ballroom dancing.
- Other enjoyable onboard activities include the Galley Tour, Wine Tastings, and Afternoon Tea.
- Year Built: 2008
- Godparents: Trista and Ryan Sutter of TV's The Bachelorette
- Total Cost: US$400,000,000
- Crew: 1,200
- Passengers: 3,599 (max. capacity)
- Decks: 19
- Pools & Whirlpools: 11
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Sun, Sep 23, 2018