As a part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. Recently while in Costa Rica, we had the pleasure of staying 2 nights at the beautiful All-Inclusive Dreams Las Mareas. This resort impressed us with its amazingly beautiful location, luxurious suites, and wealth of activities.
We Recommend This Resort For: Active Families, Friends, & Couples and Destination Weddings
Dreams Las Mareas has 3 large pristine pools, including an adult only pool and kids pool with waterslide.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the stunning beauty of Dreams Las Mareas. All pictures were taken during our stay and none have been modified or enhanced.
The Dreams Las Mareas is located on the beautiful Playa El Jobo on the Northern coast of Guanacaste, a province with incredible natural beauty where active travelers can enjoy picturesque beaches, rain forest hikes, nearby volcanoes, and the unique flora and fauna of Costa Rica. Built in 2014, this property is absolutely gorgeous with stunning views of the pacific ocean, the mountain range of Guanacaste, and lush tropical jungles throughout. Dreams Las Mareas is surrounded with nature and wildlife while including endless luxuries such as limitless access to gourmet dining, unlimited top-shelf spirits, pool and beach wait service, theme parties, and live nightly entertainment; and all with no pesky towel cards or wristbands!
- Unique experiences offered include a Turte Release Program, Costa Rica Cooking Class, Coffee Demo with local coffee, Wine, Rum and Tequila tastings. and a daily morning Nature Walk through the surrounding jungle area.
- Guests can also enjoy dance lessons, Spanish lessons, beach olympics and soccer, yoga, fitness center, spa, and local wildlife watching.
- Non-motorized watersports included are snorkeling, kayaking, water aerobics, and an introductory scuba lesson in the pool.
- There are 3 stunning swimming pools, including a kids pool with a fun waterslide, a 44,000 sq ft swimming pool (the largest in the Guanacaste region), and an Adult Only pool.
- Guests can choose either the Mega Combo Tour to the Rincon de la Vieja volcano area or the Palo Verde National Park tour as a complimentery excursion.
- The Explorer's Club for kids ages 3-12 offers:
- Arts and Crafts
- Playground and zero entry kids pool
- Treasure hunts and sandcastle contests
- Board games and video games
- Big screen movies on the beach
- Dinner for children
- The Core Zone Teens Club for ages 13-17 offers:
- Snack bar with non-alcoholic drinks and snacks
- Video Games - Xbox 360, Wii and Play Station 2
- Pool, ping-pong and foosball
- Evening disco mixers
- Dreams Las Mareas has 447 spacious, contemporary suites complete with a balcony or terrace with a soaking tub, luxury bath amenities, hair dryer, twice daily maid service, daily stocked mini-bar, MP3 docking station, in-room safe, satellite TV, coffee maker, energy saving sensor, concierge service, and 24 hour room service.
- In addition, Preferred Club Suites offer personalized check-in and check-out, a private Preferred Club Lounge with continental breakfast, hor d'oeuvres, desserts & fine liquors, upgraded mini-bar and bath amenities, bathrobe and slippers, pillow menu, and daily newspaper.
- This is one of the only resorts in the Guanacaste region with swim out room categories that feature direct access to a swimming pool.
- All rooms are junior suites or suites with floor to ceiling windows to showcase the gorgeous views, whether it is the beautiful ocean or the lush tropical jungle.
Food & Drink
- Dreams Las Mareas boasts 8 restaurants to choose from: 5 a la carte (no reservations required), a buffet, a grill and a cafe.
- The resort offers gluten-free, vegetarian, and other specialty dietary menus at each restaurant.
- The Coco Cafe is open 24 hours and serves specialty coffee drinks with local coffee, Cafe Britt, and delicious pastries or snacks.
- Oceana and Seaside are both restaurants near the water, open for lunch and dinner, with beautiful ocean views.
- There are 7 bars and lounges serving international and domestic top-shelf spirits, including a swim-up bar and a lounge with live nightly music.
- Dreams Las Mareas is located on the beautiful cove beach of Playa El Jobo on the northern coast of Guanacaste, surrounded by lush jungles with colorful birds, tropical flowers, and huge butterflies.
- The resort is in a secluded and stunning location bordered by a fisherman community and the mountain range of Guanacaste.
- It is approximately a 1 1/2 hour drive from the Liberia Costa Rica Airport on a fairly windy, bumpy road for the last half hour.
- The resort's beautiful wedding gazebo is the perfect location for a romantic sunset wedding.
- It is only minutes away from Santa Rosa National Park, one of the oldest national parks in Costa Rica and the largest remaining tropical dry forest in all of Central America.
- Enjoy hiking, nature walks, and birdwatching at Guanacaste Park, only 16 miles away from the resort.
- There are a variety of adventure and nature oriented tours in the Guanacaste province including deep sea fishing, white water rafting, ATV tours, horseback riding, rainforest walks, and volcano tours.
Why Book With Us
- We know the best resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean and can help you get the most value for your travel dollar.
- You will always have a dedicated travel agent who cares about your vacation to call directly with questions or help with any problems that may arise.
- Round-trip airport transfers are included with our packages so there is no need to worry about finding a ride at a foreign airport.
- You can book your vacation with a low deposit and even utilize our no interest Payment Plan option.
- We have partnered with the best Destination Management companies who will take good care of you from start to finish once in your destination.
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Fri, Dec 7, 2018