As a part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. Recently while in Costa Rica we had the pleasure of touring the beautiful All-Inclusive Riu Guanacaste. This resort impressed us with its beautiful tropical setting, friendly staff, and fun activities.
We Recommend This Resort For: Families, Multi-Generational Families and Nature Enthusiasts
Riu Guanacaste is on Matapalo Beach surrounded by mountains on 3 sides.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the tropical beauty of Riu Guanacaste. All pictures were taken during our tour and none have been modified or enhanced.
The Riu Guanacaste is located in the Guanacaste Province of Costa Rica, a region of incredible natural beauty where active travelers can enjoy picturesque beaches, rain forest hikes, nearby volcanoes, and the unique flora and fauna of Costa Rica. Built in 2009, the Riu Guanacaste is a beautiful property set on lovely Metapalo beach, with plenty of eco-tourism activities both on and near the resort.
- Monkys bar is a short walk up the beach where monkeys are frequently spotted.
- There is an on-site Discotheque and Casino, with slots and live table games.
- The 3 large swimming pools are set in a lovely tropical setting and seem to go on forever.
- Water activities include windsurfing, stand up paddle surfing, snorkeling, kayaking, and an introductory scuba lesson in the pool.
- For the exercise enthusiast, there is gym, a tennis court, and a beach volleyball court.
- The Riu staff provides fun daytime entertainment and live nightly shows.
Rooms & Suites
- The 701 rooms come standard with air conditioning, a balcony or terrace with a screen door, a bathtub, safe, stocked minibar, and in-room liquor dispensers.
- Both the Family Room and the 2 Bedroom Family Suite sleep families of 5.
- Guaranteed connecting rooms sleep up to 8 people.
- The Oceanview Jacuzzi Suite is a large suite with a beautiful hydromassage tub, great for special occasions.
- The Riu Guanacaste is located on scenic Matapalo Beach in the Guanacaste Province of Costa Rica. Easily seen throughout the area are colorful birds, various types of monkeys, huge butterflies, and beautiful tropical flowers.
- The resort is next door to the Diamante Eco Adventure Park, which has a Zipline, Animal Sanctuary, ATV rides, and horseback riding.
- Nearby eco-adventures include Rincon de la Vieja National Park and Palo Verde National Park.
- It is an easy 40-45 minute ride from the Liberia airport to Riu Guanacaste on good roads.
- Coco Beach, with local shopping, restaurants and night-life, is 20 minutes away by water taxi from the resort.
Why Book With Us
- We know the best resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean and can help you get the most value for your travel dollar.
- You will always have a dedicated travel agent who cares about your vacation to call directly with questions or help with any problems that may arise.
- Round-trip airport transfers are included with our packages so there is no need to worry about finding a ride at a foreign airport.
- You can book your vacation with a low deposit and even utilize our no interest Payment Plan option.
- We have partnered with the best Destination Management companies who will take good care of you from start to finish once in your destination.
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Fri, Dec 7, 2018