As a part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. Recently while in Costa Rica, we had the pleasure of staying 4 nights at the beautiful All-Inclusive Riu Palace Costa Rica. This resort impressed us with its beautiful tropical setting, friendly staff, and the abundance of activities both on and near the resort.
We Recommend This Resort For: Couples, Honeymoons, and Nature Enthusiasts
Riu Palace Costa Rica sits on Matapalo beach in a lovely private cove.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the stunning beauty of Riu Palace Costa Rica. All pictures were taken during our stay and none have been modified or enhanced.
The Riu Palace Costa Rica is located in the Guanacaste Province of Costa Rica, a region of incredible natural beauty where active travelers can enjoy picturesque beaches, rain forest hikes, nearby volcanoes, and the unique flora and fauna of Costa Rica. Built in 2012, this beautiful resort is set on lovely Metapalo beach, right next door to Riu Guanacaste. Guests staying at Riu Palace Costa Rica have full access to the resort facilities at the Riu Guanacaste.
- Monkys bar is a short walk up the beach where monkeys are frequently spotted.
- There is an on-site Discotheque and Casino, with slots and live table games.
- There are 4 swimming pools, one with a swim up bar, plus access to the 3 large swimming pools at next door Riu Guanacaste.
- Water activities include windsurfing, stand up paddle surfing, snorkeling, kayaking, and an introductory scuba lesson in the pool.
- For the exercise enthusiast, there is gym, a tennis court, and a beach volleyball court.
- The Riu staff provides fun daytime entertainment and live nightly shows.
- The 538 spacious junior suites come standard with air conditioning, sitting area, balcony or terrace with a screen door, hydromassage bathtub, safe, daily stocked minibar, in-room liquor dispensers, and 24-hour room service.
- The 2 Bedroom Family Suite sleep families of 5. The first bedroom has a king bed and the second bedroom has 2 double beds.
- Guaranteed connecting rooms sleep up to 8 people.
- The Oceanview Jacuzzi Suite is a large suite with a beautiful hydromassage tub, great for special occasions.
- For dinner, there are 4 a la carte restaurants to choose from: Japanese, Italian, Fusion and a steakhouse. Guests also can also try the 4 additional a la carte restaurants at the Riu Guanacaste next door.
- The buffet is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a wide range of delicious options.
- The cafe in the lobby serves specialty coffee drinks and yummy pastries.
- 24 hour snacks and coffee are available in the quaint lobby lounge that also boasts beautiful views.
- Unlimited local and imported beverages are served at the fun lobby bar, swim up bar, pool bar, plus drink service at the pool.
- The Riu Palace Costa Rica is located on scenic Matapalo Beach in the Guanacaste Province of Costa Rica. Easily seen throughout the area are colorful birds, various types of monkeys, huge butterflies, and beautiful tropical flowers.
- The resort is next door to the Diamante Eco Adventure Park, which has a Zipline, Animal Sanctuary, ATV rides, and horseback riding.
- Nearby eco-adventures include Rincon de la Vieja National Park and Palo Verde National Park.
- It is an easy 40-45 minute ride from the Liberia airport to the Riu Palace Costa Rica on good roads.
- Coco Beach, with local shopping, restaurants and night-life, is 20 minutes away by water taxi from the resort.
Why Book With Us
- We know the best resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean and can help you get the most value for your travel dollar.
- You will always have a dedicated travel agent who cares about your vacation to call directly with questions or help with any problems that may arise.
- Round-trip airport transfers are included with our packages so there is no need to worry about finding a ride at a foreign airport.
- You can book your vacation with a low deposit and even utilize our no interest Payment Plan option.
- We have partnered with the best Destination Management companies who will take good care of you from start to finish once in your destination.
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Fri, Dec 7, 2018