As a part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. Recently we had the pleasure of sailing on the US Inaugaral 3-night sailing from Vancouver to LA on the newly revitalized Norwegian Joy. This ship impressed us with its terrific entertainment options from a stunning performance of Footloose to the great Beatles cover band at The Cavern Club, and its amazing activities from the two-level race track in the middle of the ocean, to the Galaxy Pavilion with its thrilling virtual reality experiences. There is family fun for everyone on this ship packed full of exciting activities!
We Recommend This Ship For: Families, Groups, and Multi-Generations
After a $50 Million Revitalization, the Joy will sail in Alaska and the Mexican Riviera.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the family fun onboard the Norwegian Joy. All pictures were taken during our cruise and none have been modified or enhanced.
The Norwegian Joy just completed a $50 million revitalization and starts her maiden season sailing in Alaska in May 2019. After the Alaska sailing season, she will do a hand-ful of Panama Canal sailings and Mexican Riviera sailings in the Fall/Winter of 2019/2020. This ship is one of the few ships custom made to sail Alaska. The Obersavation Lounge features spectacular 180-degree panoramic views where guests can enjoy the stunning Alaska scenery while sipping on their favorite cocktail. Many other areas of the ship such as the District Brewhouse, with 24 draft beers on tap, also offer large windows with great views.
- Norwegian Joy Speedway - This two-level race track on top of the ship offers hairpin turns in excess of 20 mph, great ocean views, and loads of fun.
- Galaxy Pavilion - This immerisve virtual reality experience with thrilling similator rides and interactive video walls is only available on the Joy.
- Ocean Loops - This douple loop waterslide hangs 11 feet off the side of the ship and towers 159 feet above the ocean.
- Joy Theater - Guests can enjoy stunning shows like Footloose and Elements, an earial acrobatic show, in the 907 seat theater.
- The Waterfront - This quarter-mile oceanfront promenade boasts gorgeous ocean views with various restaurants and bars to choose from.
- Splash Academy & Entourage Teen Club - Kids and Teens will be entertained with themed activities, sports, movies, art, music, video games and more!
- There are a wide variety of staterooms to suit every budget, from Studios for solo travelers to luxurious Deluxe Owners Suites in the Haven, and everything in between.
- The Haven is a dedicated area for those staying in The Haven Suites and includes a private pool and sundeck, private restaurant and lounge, and the personal service of a certified 24-hour butler, giving one the private luxurious area of a small ship and all of the activities and restaurants of a large ship.
- New to the Joy are Concierge Staterooms that sleep up to 6 with access to a concierge to make all your arrangements.
- Some Inside Staterooms have Virtual Balconies to give guests realtime views of the outside.
- Staterooms have nice perks like a USB port by the bed, plenty of closet space and larger bathrooms.
Food & Drink
- With 6 Complimentary Restaurants, there are plenty of food choices available.
- Guests can enjoy 9 different specialty restaurants (extra charge applies) from the fun American Diner to popular Cagney's Steakhouse and even Starbucks!
- The District Brew House offers the most craft beer choices at sea with 24 beers on tap and 50 different bottled beers.
- The Cavern Club is a replica of the legendary Liverpool club where the Beatles performed and is a fan favorite.
- The Observation Lounge is a spectacular lounge with 2-story floor-to-ceiling windows offering guests unobstructed views of the changing scenery.
- With all of the great dining and lounge choices, you can make your cruise virtually All-Inclusive with Norwegian's Free At Sea promotion.
- Built: 2017
- Refurbished: 2019
- Godfather: Wang Leehom
- Crew: 1,821
- Guests (Double Occupancy): 3,802
- Overall Length: 1,094 feet
- Decks: 20
- Complimentary Restaurants: 6
- Specialty Restaurants & Treats: 9
- Bars & Lounges: 18
Why Book With Us
- We personally travel on multiple cruises every year and know the ins and outs of different cruise lines.
- You will always have a dedicated travel agent who cares about your vacation to call directly with questions or help with any problems that may arise.
- We can help you plan your pre or post cruise stay including hotels, activities, and transfers.
- You can book your vacation with a low deposit and even utilize our no interest Payment Plan option.
- We can help recommend Shore Excursions that go above and beyond your expectations.
- We have access to discounted airfare and can help you save money!
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Sat, May 18