As a part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. While in Puerto Vallarta, we had the pleasure of staying 4 nights at the beautiful All-Inclusive Now Amber Puerto Vallarta. This resort impressed us with its central location, intimate resort layout, and incredible open-air lobby with breathtaking views of the Pacific.
We Recommend This Resort For: Weddings, Families, and Active Travelers
Now Amber boasts stunning views of the Pacific Ocean.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the beauty of Now Amber Puerto Vallarta. All pictures were taken during our stay and none have been modified or enhanced.
Ideally located in the heart of Puerto Vallarta, Now Amber is a AAA Four Diamond award-winning resort since 2013. The crown jewel of this resort is its 3rd floor open-air lobby offering breathtaking ocean and mountain views, perfect for watching colorful sunsets and enjoying the live nightly entertainment. This all suite resort features spectacular ocean views in a luxurious and modern atmosphere. Now Amber includes endless luxuries such as limitless access to gourmet dining, unlimited premium beverages, pool and beach wait service, themed parties, and daytime and nighttime activities; all with no pesky towel cards or wristbands!
- Now Amber is the only hotel in Puerto Vallarta with an onsite casino which includes slot machines, live tables, sports betting and more.
- Unique activities include Whale Watching during the winter and a Turtle Release Program during the summer and fall.
- Guests can enjoy complimentary greens fees at nearby Marina Vallarta and Vista Vallarta Golf Clubs.
- Stunning wedding locations include beatiful beach setups and the gorgeous lobby with its unbeatable ocean views.
- The Explorer's Club for kids ages 3-12 offers:
- Arts and crafts
- Treasure hunts and Sandcastle contests
- Board games and Video games
- Cooking lessons with executive chef
- Face painting and Euro-bungee
- Weekly campout adventures
- Dinner for children
- The Core Zone Teens Club for agest 13-17 offers;
- Snack bar with non-alcoholic drinks and snacks
- Video games – Xbox 360, Wii and Play Station 2
- Plasma televisions
- Pool, air hockey and football
- Water activities
- Internet center
- Now Amber has 327 spacious and modern suites boasting large bathrooms with a shower and hydrotub, private furnished terrace or balcony, daily refreshed mini-bars with beer, soft drinks, and bottled water, 24-hour room service, satellite TV and DVD, iPod docking station, turndown service, electric safe, iron and ironing board, bathrobe and slippers, and hair dryer.
- In addition, Preferred Club Suites offer personalized check-in and check-out, a private Preferred Club Lounge with continental breakfast, hor d'oeuvres, desserts & fine liquors, upgraded mini-bar and bath amenities, private whirlpool on the balcony, a pillow menu, and Nespresso coffee machines.
- Swim Out Suites have direct access to a swimming pool, flowing from each private terrace.
- Most rooms are Ocean View Suites with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. The private balconies are a great place to watch a famous Puerto Vallarta sunset.
Food & Drink
- Now Amber offers 7 dining options including 4 à la carte restaurants, a buffet, a grill and a café with no reservations required.
- Coco Cafe serves Cafe Brit coffee from Costa Rica and is open 24 hours a day for a snack anytime.
- For groups, Caper's wine cellar offers a five-course menu, extensive wine list and a sommelier.
- For a unique dining experience, The Chef's Table allows guests to watch the head chef prepare their meal (charge applies).
- The resort offers gluten-free, vegetarian, and other specialty dietary menus at each restaurant.
- There are 5 bars and lounges serving international and domestic top-shelf spirits, including a swim-up bar and the lobby lounge with live nightly music.
- Now Amber Puerto Vallarta is located on the Pacific coast on beautiful Banderas Bay, one of the largest bays in the world.
- The resort is just 5 minutes from popular downtown spots in Puerto Vallarta such as the "El Malecon" boardwalk and the romance of Old Town.
- It is only 15 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport.
- There are many unique nearby excursions including:
- Marietas Islands - Snorkel and kayak through pristine waters or bird watch for rare birds like the Blue-footed booby at this nationally-protected ecosystem of islands. From December to March, you can watch the humpback whales as these magical giants soar in the air just a few feet from your boat.
- Yelapa and Majahuitas - These two private coves are only accessible by boat. In addition to snorkeling in the calm and clear bays, enjoy a hike to a secluded waterfall and a visit to the quaint fishing village.
- Las Caletas - This beach hideaway is the best beach in the area where visitors can relax on the beach or spa, or hop on a sea kayak and paddle through the Pacific Ocean.
Why Book With Us
- We know the best resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean and can help you get the most value for your travel dollar.
- You will always have a dedicated travel agent who cares about your vacation to call directly with questions or help with any problems that may arise.
- Round-trip airport transfers are included with our packages so there is no need to worry about finding a ride at a foreign airport.
- You can book your vacation with a low deposit and even utilize our no interest Payment Plan option.
- We have partnered with the best Destination Management companies who will take good care of you from start to finish once in your destination.
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Sat, Jun 8, 2019