As a part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. While in Puerto Vallarta, we had the pleasure of staying 2 nights at the beautiful All-Inclusive Secrets Vallarta Bay for Adults Only. This resort impressed us with its ideal location, intimate resort layout, and incredible open-air lobby with breathtaking views of Banderas Bay.
We Recommend This Resort For: Weddings, Active Couples and Groups
Secrets Vallarta Bay is within walking distance to the famous El Malecon boardwalk.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the stunning beauty of Secrets Vallarta Bay. All pictures were taken during our stay and none have been modified or enhanced.
Ideally located in the heart of Puerto Vallarta, Secrets Vallarta Bay is a AAA Four Diamond award-winning resort with free flow access to Now Amber Puerto Vallarta next door. The crown jewel of this resort is its 3rd floor open-air lobby offering breathtaking ocean and mountain views, perfect for watching colorful sunsets and enjoying the live nightly entertainment. This all suite resort features spectacular ocean views in a luxurious and modern atmosphere. Secrets Vallarta Bay includes endless luxuries such as limitless access to gourmet dining, unlimited premium beverages, pool and beach wait service, themed parties, and daytime and nighttime activities; all with no pesky towel cards or wristbands!
- Guests at Secrets Vallarta Bay have free flow access to an additional six restaurants, two bars, and amenities at Now Amber next door.
- The eco-friendly 14,000 sq. ft. spa is made from reclaimed wood and features a hydrotherapy circuit with new serenity spa cabins.
- It is the only hotel in Puerto Vallarta with an on-site casino located right next door at Now Amber and includes slot machines, live tables, sports betting and more.
- Exciting activities include snorkeling, archery, pool and beach volleyball, tennis, yoga, soccer, aqua aerobics, and non-motorized water sports.
- The open air theater (shared with Now Amber guests) features live nightly events and shows.
- Guests can enjoy complimentary greens fees at nearby Marina Vallarta and Vista Vallarta Golf Clubs.
- Stunning wedding locations include beatiful beach setups and the gorgeous lobby with its unbeatable ocean views.
- Secrets Vallarta Bay has 271 spacious nonsmoking suites, with stunning ocean views, beautiful contemporary décor, marble floors, and lush gardens.
- Each suite also boasts a large bathroom with shower and hydrotub, private furnished terrace or balcony, daily refreshed mini-bars with beer, soft drinks, and bottled water, 24-hour room service, satellite TV and DVD, iPod docking station, turndown service, electric safe, iron and ironing board, bathrobe and slippers, and hair dryer.
- In addition, Preferred Club Suites offer personalized check-in and check-out, a private Preferred Club Lounge with continental breakfast, hor d'oeuvres, desserts & fine liquors, upgraded mini-bar and bath amenities, private whirlpool on the balcony, a pillow menu, and Nespresso coffee machines.
- Swim Out Suites have direct access to a swimming pool, flowing from each private terrace.
- Most rooms are Ocean View Suites with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Banderas Bay. The private balconies are a great place to watch a famous Puerto Vallarta sunset.
Food & Drink
- Secrets Vallarta Bay offers 5 dining options including 2 à la carte restaurants, a buffet, a grill and a café with no reservations required. Guests have access to six additional restaurants located next door at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta.
- Coco Cafe serves Cafe Brit coffee from Costa Rica and is open 24 hours a day for a snack anytime.
- For groups, Caper's wine cellar offers a five-course menu, extensive wine list and a sommelier.
- For a unique dining experience, The Chef's Table allows guests to watch the head chef prepare their meal (charge applies).
- The resort offers gluten-free, vegetarian, and other specialty dietary menus at each restaurant.
- There are 5 bars and lounges serving international and domestic top-shelf spirits, including a swim-up bar and the lobby lounge with live nightly music.
- Secrets Vallarta Bay is located on the Pacific coast on beautiful Banderas Bay, one of the largest bays in the world.
- The resort is just 5 minutes from popular downtown spots in Puerto Vallarta such as the "El Malecon" boardwalk and the romantic town of Old Town.
- It is only 15 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport.
- Whale Watching season in Puerto Vallarta begins in early December and ends in late March.
- There are many unique nearby excursions including:
- Marietas Islands - Snorkel and kayak through pristine waters or bird watch for rare birds like the Blue-footed booby at this nationally-protected ecosystem of islands. From December to March, you can watch the humpback whales as these magical giants soar in the air just a few feet from your boat.
- Yelapa and Majahuitas - These two private coves are only accessible by boat. In addition to snorkeling in the calm and clear bays, enjoy a hike to a secluded waterfall and a visit to the quaint fishing village.
- Las Caletas - This beach hideaway is the best beach in the area where visitors can relax on the beach or spa, or hop on a sea kayak and paddle through the Pacific Ocean.
Why Book With Us
- We know the best resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean and can help you get the most value for your travel dollar.
- You will always have a dedicated travel agent who cares about your vacation to call directly with questions or help with any problems that may arise.
- Round-trip airport transfers are included with our packages so there is no need to worry about finding a ride at a foreign airport.
- You can book your vacation with a low deposit and even utilize our no interest Payment Plan option.
- We have partnered with the best Destination Management companies who will take good care of you from start to finish once in your destination.
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Sun, Jul 7, 2019