As a part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. Recently while in the Dominican Republic, we had the pleasure of touring the beautiful All-Inclusive Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa. This family-friendly resort impressed us with its beautiful tropical grounds, gorgeous beach, and wide range of activities for the entire family.
We Recommend This Resort For: Active families and couples
Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites has lovely traditional Caribbean buildings and decor.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the tropical beauty of Grand Palladium Bavaro. All pictures were taken during our tour and none have been modified or enhanced.
Located on one of the most famous beaches on the east coast of the Dominican Republic, Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa is situated on the stunning white sand, palm-studded Bávaro Beach. This traditional all-inclusive resort boasts beautiful scenic tropical landscapes, lush vegetation, and spacious suites with elegant Caribbean decor. With 6 swimming pools, great kids clubs, many sports-orientated activities and live shows, there is plenty to keep everyone in the family entertained. For even more options, guests staying at Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites share access to the restaurants, bars and entertainment at the adjoining Grand Palladium Palace and the Grand Palladium Punta Cana.
- Guests have access to 6 freshwater pools, catamaran sailing, windsurfing, and kayaks.
- Other watersports available for an extra fee are banana boats, high seas fishing, diving courses and certification, glass bottom boat, diving and snorkeling excusions to Isla Catalina, and catamaran and windsurf courses.
- Plaza Bavaro Shopping Center is a fun shopping strip located on the resort property with souvenir shopping and the Sunset Boulevard Disco.
- Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites is great for activie travelers with its many sports options including aqua gym, water polo, mini golf, table tennis, archery, darts, billiards, soccer, and beach volleyball
- The resort also has 4 badminton courts, 6 tennis courts, 4 paddle courts, and 6 pentaque courts (some extra fees apply).
- Entertainment options include activities at the main pools and beach, shows and games every night in the theatre, live music every night, and a casino.
- Kids will love the Castillo de Pirate kids area with a pool, mini waterpark, games, a theatre and more!
- Great kids clubs for kids of all ages include the Baby Club for kids 1-3, the Mini Club for kids 4-12, and the Black & White Junior Club for kids 13-19.
- Raggs is unique to Grand Palladium resorts and very popular with the kids. These colorful, furry puppies serve as mascosts and can be found throughout the resorts singing songs around the pool, reading stories at Mini Club, or simply walking through the lobby giving high fives. They also put on weekly performances and shows, a character breakfast, an amazing pirate-show, and a surf-themed party.
- The Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites has 672 spacious Jr Suites and Suites complete with traditional colorful Caribbean decor, air conditioning, balcony or terrace, separate sitting area with sofabed, bathrobe, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, coffee/tea maker, jacuzzi tub, minibar, safe, and satellite TV.
- Rooftop Jr Suites boast 2 levels; the first level has a small living area with sofa bed, bathroom with a whirlpool tub and a separate shower and the 2nd floor is located on the terrace roof with a balcony, a Jacuzzi for two people, a Balinese bed, a small table and chairs.
- The Romance Suites are specially designed for couples and include a four poster bed, jacuzzi for 2, and an incredible bathroom with a magnificent outdoor terrace covered by a thatched roof with a Mayan shower and hammock.
- Superior Jr Suites boast a very large bathroom and lovely vaulted ceilings on the second floor (by request).
Food & Drink
- With access to Grand Palladium Palace and Grand Palladium Punta Cana next door, guests have a choice of 8 à la carte restaurants, 5 show cooking restaurants, multiple buffet restaurants, and a whopping 25 bars (including swim up bars).
- A la carte restaurants include Mexican, Asian, Spanish tapas, live Japanese cooking shows, Italian, Hindu and more!
- Xtra Time Sports Bar has 24-hour drinks and snacks service while showing popular baseball, basketball, and football games.
- High Tea is served daily at Bar Hemingway from 5:00 to 6:00 pm.
- Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites offer gluten-free menus and a special program for people with allergies and intolerances.
- Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites is located on the exquisite shores of Bávaro Beach with fine white sand and gorgeous Caribbean water.
- The resort is approximately 25 minutes from the Punta Cana International Airport.
- The Cocotal Golf and Country Club is only 15 minutes from the resort.
- Popular Dominican Republic excursions include:
- Saona Island - This is the Dominican Republic's most popular excursion with gorgeous turquoise water, enormous starfish, limestone cliffs, and even a chance to see dolphins!
- Catalina Island - This small offshore island has an incredible coral reef, great for snorkeling and diving.
- Scape Park - Located less than 40 minutes away, this natural theme park boasts cenotes, caves, caverns, aquatic activities, zip lining, and indigenous flora and fauna.
Why Book With Us
- We know the best resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean and can help you get the most value for your travel dollar.
- You will always have a dedicated travel agent who cares about your vacation to call directly with questions or help with any problems that may arise.
- Round-trip airport transfers are included with our packages so there is no need to worry about finding a ride at a foreign airport.
- You can book your vacation with a low deposit and even utilize our no interest Payment Plan option.
- We have partnered with the best Destination Management companies who will take good care of you from start to finish once in your destination.
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Thu, Sep 26