As a part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. Recently while in the Riviera Maya area of Mexico, we had the pleasure of staying 4 nights at the brand new All-Inclusive Sunscape Akumal Beach Resort. This newly opened resort impressed us with its great snorkeling right off the beach, variety of pools, and fun activities for the kids.
We Recommend This Resort For: Families with small children and snorkeling enthusiasts
Sunscape Akumal has 3 distinct pool areas, 2 for children and 1 for adults.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the family fun at Sunscape Akumal Beach Resort and Spa. All pictures were taken during our stay and none have been modified or enhanced.
Newly opened in October 2019, the Sunscape Akumal Beach Resort & Spa is located in the unspoiled Akumal region known for its beaches and snorkeling. This family-friendly property is a nice medium sized property with plenty to do for kids of all ages. It offers 3 distinct pool areas with varying vacation experiences with sections featuring a serene ambiance for relaxation or active areas around the resort for playful fun. At Sunscape, guests enjoy perks including 24-hour access to dining and drinks at eight restaurants (with kid-friendly menu options) and eight bars, live music and local entertainment, family-friendly accommodations including connecting rooms, exciting programs and activities for tweens & teens; all with no pesky wristbands or towel cards!
- Dinoland is a fun playground for kids with swimming pools, a splash park, and snacks, plus pool tables and a small arcade.
- A second kids pool area includes waterslides, fountains, and a kids pool with their own swim-up bar.
- The Sun Club pool area has 3 different pools for relaxing, one of which is an infinity pool with lovely beach views.
- Live music is played nightly at Sharky beach bar and local entertainment can be enjoyed in the theater each night.
- Water sports included are aqua aerobics, water volleyball, kayaks, paddleboards, and great snorkeling right off the beach.
- The Explorers Club for kids 3-12 offers fully supervised activities based on science, nature, and exploration including:
- Arts & Crafts
- Movie Nights
- Sandcastle Competitions
- The Core Zone Teens Club features entertainment for teens age 13-17 including:
- Guided bicycle tours
- Table tennis
Rooms & Suites
- Sunscape Akumal Beach has 362 spacious rooms and suites offering comfortable amenities, stunning views, and an in-room mini-bar.
- All rooms include a king or two double beds, air conditioning with individual control, flat screen satellite TV, hairdryer, alarm clock, iron and ironing board, elctronic safe, and coffee maker.
- Connecting room options are available throughout the resort and available upon request.
- Sun Club rooms and suites offer the following additional amenities:
- Personalized check-in and checkout with concierge service
- Private Sun Club lounge with daily afternoon hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, exquisite desserts and fine liquors
- Three Sun Club only pools including an infinity pool overlooking the ocean
- Private Sun Club bar with premium liquor brands
- Upgraded mini-bar service (refreshed daily) and bath amenities
- Daily afternoon hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, exquisite desserts and fine liquors
- Room service from 7 am to 11 pm
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Food & Drink
- Sunscape Akumal Beach offers a variety of international dining options including 4 a la carte restaurants, a buffet, snacks and a gourmet cafe with no reservations required.
- Limitless drinks are served at eight different bars, including Sharkys beach bar with live nightly music, 2 swim up bars, and dancing at the Starlight Lounge.
- Coco Cafe is open 24 hours and serves Cafe Britt coffee from Costa Rica, tea, snacks, and ice cream.
- Sun Club rooms offer room service from 7 am to 11 pm.
- Kid friendly menu options are available at most restaurants.
- The Olive Branch is a Mediterranean restaurant for adults only.
- Gluten-free and vegetarian options are available at each restaurant.
- Sunscape Akumal Beach is located in the unspoiled Akumal region known for the beauty of its pristine beaches and its great snorkeling.
- The resort is set in the jungle with beautiful tropical plants and wildlife like Coati, Peacocks, and other tropical birds.
- It is located 5 minutes from downtown Akumal, with a variety of restaurants, cafes, and local shops and Akumal Beach, known for its sea turtle population.
- Other nearby attractions include the Akumal Monkey Sanctuary and the Akumal Ecological Center, educating the public on the Green and Loggerhead Sea Turtles that frequent the area
- The famous Mayan ruins of Tulum are about 25 minutes from the resort.
- It is only 10 minutes from the natural park, Xel-Ha, and Cenotes de Ojos, a unique underground river that allows you to snorkel through geological formations, fossils and more.
Why Book With Us
- We know the best resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean and can help you get the most value for your travel dollar.
- You will always have a dedicated travel agent who cares about your vacation to call directly with questions or help with any problems that may arise.
- Round-trip airport transfers are included with our packages so there is no need to worry about finding a ride at a foreign airport.
- You can book your vacation with a low deposit and even utilize our no interest Payment Plan option.
- We have partnered with the best Destination Management companies who will take good care of you from start to finish once in your destination.
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Sat, Feb 1