As a part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. Recently while in Barbados, we had the pleasure of spending the day at Sandals Barbados and Sandals Royal Barbados for couples only. These side-by-side all-inclusive resorts impressed us with the incredible white sand beach, the variety of delicious food, and the amazing rooftop area complete with pool, bar, restaurant and stunning views.
We Recommend This Resort For: Couples, Honeymoon, and Anniversaries
Sandals Royal Barbados rooftop has incredible views and beautiful sunsets.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the stunning beauty of Sandals Barbados and Sandals Royal Barbados. All pictures were taken during our tour and none have been modified or enhanced.
Located on the white powdery sands of Maxwell Beach, Sandals Barbados is adjacent to Sandals Royal Barbados offering a total of 18 dining options, 12 bars, 6 pools, and 3 whirlpools. Sandals Royal Barbados is the newest of the two resorts, featuring all suites with a private Tranquility Soaking Tub, and Rolls Royce transfers for select suite categories. The resort also features many firsts for the Sandals brand, including the first bowling alley, first rooftop pool, and first gourmet donut shop. A stay at either resort will have you in beachfront luxury with plenty of options to relax or to play.
- Lover's Lane is Sandals first 4 lane bowling alley which includes a lively cocktail lounge and craft beer bar.
- Sandals includes many land sports such as Volleyball, Bocce Ball, Cricket, Board Games, Pool and Table Tennis.
- Watersports included are Kayaks, Windsurfing, Paddleboards, Hobie Cats, Boogie Boards, Underwater Vision (Glass Bottom) Boat, and Snorkeling.
- Sandals has been voted one of the Top 5 Dive Operations in the Western Hemisphere by PADI and they include daily 2-tank dives at no extra charge.
- Between the two resorts, guests can choose from 6 freshwater pools (including the Eastern Caribbean's largest glass-fronted infinity pool), 3 whirlpools and 1 Scuba Dive pool.
- Weekly Theme Nights include Caribbean Carnivale Beach Party, Reggae Fest, White Night and more.
Food & Drink
- Between the two resorts, guests will have plenty of options with 18 different restaurants and 12 bars serving premium brand liquors.
- La Parisienne, serving French cuisine, is Sandals first Roof Top restaurant and boasts incredible ocean views.
- Sweet n' Salty's is Sandals first gourmet donut shop with homemade donuts made fresh daily.
- The Merry Monkey pays homage to the world-famous British pub, serving fresh pints and gastro pub fare.
- Lover's Lane Craft Beer Bar serves 19 beers from around the world and includes a built in strip of ice to keep your beer cold in the hot Caribbean.
- A centrally located Culinary Concierge Desk is available and ready to assist with any special dietary requirements like food allergies.
- Premium house wine from Robert Mondavi Twin Oaks include Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Merlot, Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, and Shiraz.
- Known as one of the best coffees in the world, Jamaica's Blue Mountain Coffee, is served throughout the resort.
Rooms & Suites
- Sandals Barbados has 280 rooms and suites that include air conditioning, ceiling fan, king size bed, hair dryer, telephone, iron & ironing board, private bath & shower, safe deposit box, iPod docking station, smart TV, and coffee maker.
- Sandals Royal Barbados has 272 Club Level or Butler suites that include a tranquility soaking tub for two, air conditioning, ceiling fan, king size bed, hair dryer, telephone, iron & ironing board, private bath & shower, safe deposit box, IPod docking station, smart TV, and a mini-bar stocked daily with Robert Mondavi wine, local beer, bottled water, juice and soda.
Club Level rooms also include:
- 24-hour access to the Club Sandals Lounge where guests can enjoy culinary treats, an assortment of teas, and world-renowned Blue Mountain coffee
- Private check-in with a chilled towel and champagne
- Weekly hosted activities including a Cocktail party, a Martini evening, Wine tasting, Snorkeling and exclusive Island Routes Tours
- In Room/Suite bars with scotch, vodka, rum, whiskey, wine, beer, juices, sodas, and water
- Room service available from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm daily
- Butler Suites are the ultimate in luxury and include the services of your own personal Butler, trained by the Elite Guild of Professional English Butlers.
- Sandals Royal Barbados boasts some of Sandals most luxurious accommodations including the magnificent Skypool Suites, Swim-up Suites, Millionaire Suites and Rondovals.
- Sandals Barbados and Sandals Royal Barbados are located on the pristine white sands of beautiful Maxwell Beach.
- The resorts are within walking distance to famed St Lawrence Gap, known for its local restaurants, lively nightlife, and good shopping.
- Guests can enjoy a local treat every Friday night at the famous Oistins Fish Fry, only 5 minutes away.
- Barbados is the birth place of Rum. Connoisseurs of this Caribbean libation will enjoy a Mount Gay Tour to learn about the rum dating back to 1703.
- The resorts are located about 15 minutes from Grantley Adams International Airport and include complimentary airport transfers.
Why Book With Us
- We know the best All-Inclusive resorts in the Caribbean, Costa Rica, and Mexico and can help you get the most value for your travel dollar with our firsthand knowledge.
- You will always have a dedicated travel agent who cares about your vacation to contact directly with questions or help with any problems that may arise.
- Round-trip airport transfers are included with our packages so there is no need to worry about finding a ride at a foreign airport.
- You can book your vacation with a low deposit and even utilize our no fee, no interest Payment Plan option.
- We have partnered with the best Destination Management companies who will take good care of you from start to finish once in your destination.
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my All-Inclusive Resort reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Sat, Feb 8, 2020