As a part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. While in Jamaica, we had the pleasure of touring the family-friendly All-Inclusive Beaches Ocho Rios. This resort impressed us with its beautful setting, fun kids club and prime location for local activities.
We Recommend This Resort For: Active Families
Beaches Ocho Rios has 5 fun freshwater pools to choose from.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the family fun at Beaches Ocho Rios. All pictures were taken during our tour and none have been modified or enhanced.
Located on 22 acres with 222 rooms and suites this favorite resort for singles, couples and families caters to everyone's needs. Overlooking the Caribbean Sea, the resort boasts magnificent facilities for children, while offering many dining options for everyone. Golf Green fees and transportation are included at nearby Sandals Golf and Country Club. Plus Pirates Island Water Park with eleven slides offers fun for all ages.
- In addition to Pirates Island Water Park, with its 11 waterslides, kid-friendly pools, water canons, and lazy river, Beaches Ocho Rios has 5 Freshwater Pools, 2 Whirlpools, 1 Sauna and 1 Steam Room.
- The resort offers an array of water sports including Kayaks, Aqua-Trikes, Windsurfing, Hobie Cats, Paddle Boards, Glass Bottom Boats, Snorkeling, and Banana Boats, plus daily 2-tank dives at no extra charge for certified scuba divers.
- Outdoor sports include Basketball, Croquet, Pool Tables, Table Tennis, Shuffle Board, Outdoor Chess, and 4 lit Tennis Courts.
- An air-conditioned fitness center with state of the art equipment and fitness classes for ages 12 and up is open 24/7.
- In addition to complimentary Green Fees and transportation to Sandals Golf & Country Club, complimentary Golf Lessons are offered to kids twice per week.
- The resort has Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street themed activities that include daily character appearances by Elmo, Big Bird and more, plus parades and stage shows.
- Nightly themed entertainment includes the Caribbean Beach Party, Carnival Street Party, Reggae Fest, and more.
Rooms & Suites
- Beaches Ocho Rios has 222 luxurious rooms & suites in 16 categories featuring a king-size bed or two double beds, A/C, telephone, cable TV, Clock-radio, safe, iron/ironing board, coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, private bath with tub and shower, amenity kit and hair dryer.
Suite Concierge rooms also include:
- Preferred check-in with a chilled towel and champagne in the exclusive Concierge Lounge.
- These rooms feature a well-stocked bar with juice, soda, water, Robert Mondavi wine, local beer and a variety of liquors replenished daily.
- Use of his/her bath robes
- Weekly cocktail reception hosted by Concierge
- Access to the Suite Concierge Center from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm for assistance with excursions, restaurant and spa reservations, and just about anything else you may need
- Greek Beachfront Concierge Terrace suites are especially nice with their relaxing lounge area that leads to a large terrace where magnificent vistas of the Caribbean Sea await.
- Together Nest suites feature the most unique, private & luxurious suites specifically designed for families vacationing together.
Food & Drink
- Guests will enjoy a wide variety of delicious food options at 7 different eateries from gourmet a la carte dining to casual outdoor dining.
- There are 7 bars to choose from, including a swim up bar, Piano bar and a beachside cocktail bar.
- Relax and mingle on the Terrace of the adults-only Opa Sunset bar overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
- Distinctive types of cuisine include Mediterranean, French, Italian, and Pizza plus a Smoothie bar and Creperie.
- Known as one of the best coffees in the world, Jamaica's Blue Mountain Coffee, is served throughout the resort.
- Beaches Ocho Rios is located on the central part of Jamaica's northern coast near the town of Ocho Rios and surrounded by lush green mountains.
- It is located on a hillside with lovely views of the Caribbean Sea.
- The resort is less than 2 hours away from both of Jamaica's major airports in Montego Bay and Kingston.
- Riu Ocho Rios is only 20 minutes from Jamaica's famous Dunn's River Falls.
- Other nearby popular activities are the Jamaican bobsleds of Mystic Mountain, the sea life at Dolphin Cove, the caves of Green Grotto, and the botanical gardens at Cranbrook.
Why Book With Us
- We know the best resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean and can help you get the most value for your travel dollar.
- You will always have a dedicated travel agent who cares about your vacation to call directly with questions or help with any problems that may arise.
- Round-trip airport transfers are included with our packages so there is no need to worry about finding a ride at a foreign airport.
- You can book your vacation with a low deposit and even utilize our no interest Payment Plan option.
- We have partnered with the best Destination Management companies who will take good care of you from start to finish once in your destination.
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Wed, Nov 18, 2020