As a part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. Recently while in the Riviera Maya, we had the pleasure of staying a night at the beautiful All-Inclusive Now Sapphire Riviera Maya. This recently renovated resort impressed us with its large swimming pool overlooking the Caribbean Sea, beautiful Mayan architecture, and large luxurious suites.
We Recommend This Resort For: Multigenerational travelers, Families with teens and tweens, and Destination Weddings
Now Sapphire has plenty of places to relax and soak up the sun.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the stunning beauty of Now Sapphire Riviera Maya. All pictures were taken during our stay and none have been modified or enhanced.
The newly renovated Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, a AAA Four Diamond award-winning resort since 2012, is a tropical getaway in a beautiful jungle setting next to the soft sands of the sparkling Caribbean Sea. Boasting minimalist architecture and decor inspired by the ancient Mayan Culture, this resort is beautifully designed, easy to get around, and only 15 minutes from Cancun International Airport. Guests will enjoy the luxury of unlimited premium drinks, wait service at the pools and beach, daily and nightly entertainment, 8 dining venues, and 5 bars and lounges; all without limit, reservations, wristbands or expected gratuities.
- The crown jewel of this resort is the giant swimming pool set in beautifully designed architecture next to the azure Caribbean Sea.
- The new waterpark is fun for the whole family.
- The gorgeous open-air lobby offers live entertainment each evening.
- Golf lovers can tee off at two nearby championship golf courses with complimenatry green fees.
- The Mayan-inspired spa boasts 6,000 square feet of faciliites including seven treatment cabins with private showers, hydrotherapy circuit, beauty salon, and relaxation area.
- A brand new gym is located in front of the main pool with a new yoga studio.
- Other activities that are included are Tennis, Beach and water volleyball, Beach soccer, Ping-pong, Big screen movies on the beach, Theme nights, and Yoga.
- Water sports include Catamarans, Kayaks, Water aerobics, Water polo, and Scuba lessons in the pool.
- The Explorers Club for kids 3-12 offers fully supervised activities including:
- Arts & Crafts
- Sandcastle contests
- Board games & video games
- Splash park & toddler pool
- All 488 spacious suites have been beautifully refurbished with new modern decor.
- Each suite offers daily-refreshed mini-bars, luxury amenities, one king-size bed or two double beds, bathroom with shower, private furnished balcony or terrace, marble floors, electronic safe box, coffee maker, and a comfortable sitting area.
- The new Family Suites, which accommodate up to 6 people, are perfect for larger families and big groups.
- New Beach Front Swim Out Suites boast amazing beach and oceanfront views with seasonally heated pools.
- Dog friendly guest rooms include a dog bed, food and water bowls, rope toy, dog waste bags and more.
- The Preferred Club offers an elevated level of luxury including:
- A private adults-only pool & bar
- Preferred Club lounge with daily continental breakfast, afternoon hors d'oeuvres, and fine liquors
- Special access to the spa's hydrotherapy circuit.
- Personalized check-in and checkout
- Upgraded mini-bar and bath amenities
- Slippers, bathrobes, and pillow menu
Food & Drink
- Now Sapphire offers 8 different dining venues, including 5 a la carte restaurants, a buffet, a grill, and a cafe.
- 24 dining options include the Coco Cafe and room service.
- Gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan menu options are available at each of the a la carte restaurants.
- Five stylish bars and lounges serve unlimited premium brand domestic and international favorites, ranging from swim-up to a nightly music lounge.
- The Sip, Savor & See program allows guests to enjoy dining and nightlife at nearby Now Jade Riviera Cancun, Now Emerald Cancun, and Dreams Resorts & Spa.
- There are six differenct locations for Destination Weddings, accommodating up to 300 guests for the ceremony and reception, and three different wedding packages to choose from, ranging from basic to extravagant.
- The elegant wedding gazebo overlooks the main pool with breathtaking ocean views.
- The resort has a brand-new indoor and outdoor wedding venue right in front of the turquoise Caribbean Sea.
- Drone videography is available to add an aerial component to your wedding video.
- Romantic Newlywed & Anniversary packages include sparkling wine in your room upon arrival, breakfast in bed with mimosas, sweedish couples massage, beachfront dinner, and more!
- The Honeymoon Bliss Package includes fresh fuit and sparkling bottle of wine upon arrival, special turndown service, and breakfast in bed with mimosas.
- The Sout Mate Vow Renewal package includes an on-site wedding coordinator, renewal of vows ceremony, special dining, and the Honeymoon Bliss Package.
- Now Sapphire is situated on a beautiful beach equipped with an artificial sea barrier that protects it from seaweed.
- The resort is set in the jungle with a tropical landscape of palm trees and flowers.
- It is located near the quaint fishing town of Puerto Morelos and just 15 minutes to the Cancun International Airport.
- Popular nearby actvities include:
- Akumal - A small beachfront community know for swimming, snorkeling and the abundance of sea turtles that lay eggs on the beach at night during nesting season.
- Playa del Carmen - Once a small fishing town, it is now a popular tourist attraction with shopping, restaurants and a ferry to Cozumel.
- Tulum Mayan Ruins - Ancient artifacts, pyramids, a beach, and breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea make this one of the most popular Mayan sites to visit.
- X-Caret Ecological Theme Park - Learn about the Mayan culture and enjoy several family activities at this ecological/archaeological theme park.
Why Book With Us
- We know the best resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean and can help you get the most value for your travel dollar.
- You will always have a dedicated travel agent who cares about your vacation to call directly with questions or help with any problems that may arise.
- Round-trip airport transfers are included with our packages so there is no need to worry about finding a ride at a foreign airport.
- You can book your vacation with a low deposit and even utilize our no interest Payment Plan option.
- We have partnered with the best Destination Management companies who will take good care of you from start to finish once in your destination.
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Sat, Jan 2