In April 2021, I traveled to Cancun to visit new resorts that had opened up during the pandemic. Among my favorites was the brand new Dreams Vista Cancun Golf & Spa Resort, located in the gated community of Puerta del Mar. This contemporary family-friendly resort has a modern and stunning architectural design with breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea and Isla Mujeres. The crown jewel of this all-inclusive resort is the exclusive rooftop area on the 16th floor which offers guests gorgeous views of the surrounding Cancun area and features an infinity pool, gourmet restaurant, and lounge.
We Recommend This Resort For: Families, Couples and Destination Weddings
The Rooftop Lounge boasts stunning views of Cancun with the Caribbean Sea.
Dreams Vista Cancun is an all-inclusive, family-friendly resort, newly opened in July 2020. This contemporary resort features beautiful ocean views in every room plus stunning views throughout the resort. The resort's family suites concept includes connecting rooms that can accommodate up to six people.
Kids of all ages will be entertained with an outdoor theater, two surf pools, splash park, climbing wall, Explorer's Club for Kids, and a super trendy Core Zone Teen's Club. A complimentary shuttle to Puerto Cancun Marina Town Center and to the Isla Mujeres dock terminal is a fun way to explore the surrounding area. Other highlights include the adults-only rooftop pool with spectacular ocean views and direct access to the Puerto Cancun golf course just next door.
- Dreams Vista Cancun has three heated swimming pools, including one rooftop infinity pool, an activities pool 100 meters long, two surf pools, and a splash park for kids.
- Outdoor activities include beach and pool volleyball, surf pool for stationary wave riding, kayaks, catamarans, snorkeling, water aerobics and non-motorized water sports.
- Other activities and entertainment that are included are theme nights and beach parties, live musical performances, Spanish lessons, billiards, ping-pong, climbing wall, foosball, and board games.
- Unique experiences include Tequila tasting, Cooking classes, Wine tasting, Cocktail lessons and a Kitchen tour.
- The Explorer's Club for kids ages 3-12 has fully supervised children's programs led by staff members certified by the American Red Cross in CPR. Activities include:
- Arts & crafts
- Storytelling & music
- Treasure hunts & sandcastle contests
- Kid's stage/mini theatre & movie zone
- Indoor game room with board games & video games
- The Core Zone Teen's Club is a supervised program for teens to meet each other, enjoy indoor and outdoor activities and have fun with no parents around! Activities include:
- Social events including disco mixers
- Video games: Xbox 360, Wii, and PlayStation
- Ping pong table, pool table, foosball table, and air hockey
- Movie room
- The state-of-the-art fitness center offers beautiful views of Cancun and provides a full range of cardio-conditioning and excercise equipment such as free weights, treadmills, elliptical machines and more.
Rooms & Suites
- Dreams Vista Cancun boasts 416 luxurious rooms & suites with the option to book as a Family Connecting suite in 185 rooms, all with a modern design and breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea and nearby Isla Mujeres.
- All rooms & suites feature ocean views, a tablet in each room, ocean view rain shower, electronic laptop-size safe, private balcony or terrace, Nespresso coffee machines, 55" Smart TV with complimentary streaming access, fully stocked mini-bar with beer, soft drinks, juices and bottled water, twice daily maid service, room service and more.
Preferred Club Suites offer preferred status, upgraded amenities and services including:
- Preferred Club suites in premium locations
- Upgraded mini-bar & bath amenities
- Gaming consoles menu available upon request
- Pillow menu
- Private Preferred Club lounge with daily continental breakfast, afternoon hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, desserts and fine liquors
- Complimentary access to hydrotherapy circuit (one day per stay)
- Access to the exclusive adults-only Preferred Club Rooftop Pool
- Family Connecting suites can accommodate up to 6 people.
- 33 Plunge Pool rooms are available in Preferred Club and Master Suite categories.
Food & Drink
- Dreams Vista Cancun offers 8 dining options, including four a la carte restaurants, one buffet, one international gourmet court, one snack a la carte and one gourmet coffee & ice cream parlor.
- Bluewater Grill is an Adult Only rooftop restaraunt serving Mediterranean cuisine with breathtaking Cancun skyline views
- The Coco Café is open 24 hours and serves premium coffee beverages, pastries and a large variety of ice cream options in a relaxed atmosphere with ocean views.
- La Plaza is an international themed gourmet court with six different stations including wellness food, Pan Asian, Mediterranean, Mexican, desserts, and a grill area with hamburger and hot dogs.
- Dreams Vista Cancun offers a wide variety of gluten-free and vegetarian plates at each of its restaurants.
- The resort offers 6 bars and lounges, serving international and domestic top-shelf spirits, including a Sports Bar, Rooftop Bar with stunning 360 degree views of the Cancun area, a Swim-up Bar and nightly music lounge and discotheque.
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience allows guests to enjoy dinner and live entertainment at nearby sister properties including Dreams Playa Mujeres, Dreams Riviera Cancun, Dreams Jade, Dreams Sapphire, and more.
- Dreams Vista Cancun is located 30 minutes from the Cancun International Airport.
- Guests can explore the surrounding area with a complimentary water shuttle to the Puerto Cancun Shopping Mall and to the Isla Mujeres dock terminal.
- The resort is adjacent to the gated residential community of Puerto Cancun which features a golf course, marina, shopping, restaurants and more.
- The Marina Town Center Puerto Cancun Mall is 5 minutes away and features over 120 stores offering souvenirs, perfumes, fine jewelry, designer clothing, restaurants, cinemas, and more.
- Nearby is the Cancun Hotel Zone with famous restaurants, bars and nightlife such as CoCo Bongo, Señor Frogs, and Hard Rock Cafe.
- The relaxing island of Isla Mujeres is 50 minutes away by ferry and the ferry dock is a 20-30 walk from the resort.
- Dreams Vista Cancun is adjacent to a beautiful 18-hole, 72-par golf course designed by Tom Weiskopf and offers discounted golf packages.
Why Book With Us
- We know the best All-Inclusive resorts in the Caribbean, Costa Rica, and Mexico and can help you get the most value for your travel dollar with our firsthand knowledge.
- You will always have a dedicated travel agent who cares about your vacation to contact directly with questions or help with any problems that may arise.
- Round-trip airport transfers are included with our packages so there is no need to worry about finding a ride at a foreign airport.
- You can book your vacation with a low deposit and even utilize our no fee, no interest Payment Plan option.
- We have partnered with the best Destination Management companies who will take good care of you from start to finish once in your destination.
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my All-Inclusive Resort reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Mon, May 31, 2021