Although I have been to the Cancun/Riviera Maya area of Mexico dozens of times, I had yet to visit the Playa Mujeres area north of Cancun until my most recent trip in April 2021. I am so glad I finally made it! I was blown away by the beauty of the beaches in Playa Mujeres and Dreams Playa Mujeres sits on one of the best stretches. This gorgeous all-inclusive resort features 65,000 square feet of swimming pools cascading down from the lobby to the beach and boasting incredible ocean views. Its large and modern suites, multitude of family-friendly activities (including swim with the dolphins!), and close proximity to Cancun make this the perfect spot for a family vacation.
We Recommend This Resort For: Families, Destination Weddings, and Family Reunions
Dreams Playa Mujeres boasts 3 levels of inifinity pools with gorgeous ocean views.
Take a photo tour and see for yourself the stunning beauty of Dreams Playa Mujeres. All pictures were taken during our stay and none have been modified or enhanced.
Situated in the exclusive gated community of Playa Mujeres, the stunning Dreams Playa Mujeres has been given the AAA Four Diamond award since 2018. This family-friendly all-inclusive resort is an all suite resort surrounded by secluded white sand beaches and the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Three levels of swimming pools cascade over 65,000 square feet, including two infinity pools with breathtaking ocean views, six whirlpools, a children's pool, a water park for little ones, a water park for all ages, and a lazy river. Dining options are plenty with 6 gourmet a la carte options, a buffet, a grill, a café with an ice cream parlor, and 24 hour room service. Everything is included and no wristbands or gratuities are required. Additionally, guests over the age of 18 will enjoy full access to all of the restaurants, bars and facilities at the all-adult Secrets Playa Mujeres, located next door and only a quick walk away.
- Dreams Playa Mujeres has three main pools, a children's pool and six whirlpools. The Ocean View Pool and Infinity Pool both feature stunning views of the Caribbean Sea.
- There is an on-site Dolphin Habitat that allows guests to observe and swim with dolphins in the ocean. There is an extra charge to swim with the dolphins but no charge to watch them.
- The resort has two waterparks, one with two waterslides for guests of all ages and a children's waterpark with waterslides and giant splash bucket.
- There is also a lazy river exclusively for Preferred Club guests.
- Other water activities include beach and pool volleyball, kayaks, catamarans, water aerobics, and snorkeling.
- Activities and entertainment included are theme nights and beach parties, live musical performances, spanish lessons, cooking and cocktail classes including wine and tequila tastings, ping-pong, bocce ball, horse shoes, putting green, basketball, archery, batting cage and Euro-Bungee.
- Dreams Playa Mujeres offers guests a complimentary traditional, renewing Temazcal ceremony led by an Intercessor, or healer, and is one hour long.
- The Explorer's Club for kids ages 3-12 has fully supervised children's programs with the following activities:
- Arts & crafts
- Weekly campout adventures
- Treasure hunts & sandcastle contests
- Kid's theatre & big screen movies
- Indoor game room with board games & video games
- The Core Zone Teen's Club is a supervised program for teens to meet each other, enjoy indoor and outdoor activities and have fun with no parents around! Activities include:
- Social events including weekly bonfires and disco mixers
- Plasma TV's with wide variety of DVD movies and video games
- Climbing wall
- Air Hockey
- Kayak tours and Stand Up paddle boards
- Billiards and Foosball table
- The state-of-the-art fitness center offers a full-range of cardio-conditioning and exercise equipment such as free weights, treadmills, elliptical machines, stationary bicycles, universal weight stations and a yoga studio.
- Dreams Playa Mujeres has 502 spacious and luxurious suites complete with:
- 48" flat screen satellite TV's
- Furnished sitting area with sofa bed and furnished balcony with whirlpool
- USB connectors and electronic laptop-size safe
- Daily refreshed mini-bar with beer, soft drinks, juices and bottled water
- Nespresso coffee machines
- Bathrooms with hair dryer, vanity mirror, rain shower and double vanities
- Dreams Box for private room service delivery
- Tablets in all rooms with room service menu, spa treatments and more
- In addition, Preferred Club Suites offer:
- Personalized check-in and check-out plus special concierge service
- Suites in premium locations with access to the Lazy River
- Upgraded mini-bar and bath amenities
- Access to the Preferred Club Lounge with daily continental breakfast, afternoon hors d'oeuvres, and premium liquors
- Exclusive a la carte breakfast at Maris restaurant or Oceana at Secrets Playa Mujeres next door
- Private Preferred Club beach area with Bali beds
- Access to all Preferred Club amenities at Secrets Playa Mujeres for guests 18 and older
- Oversized, family-friendly suites can accommodate a family of 5 and adjoining suites can sleep up to 9.
- Unique Swim Out Suites offer a semi-private pool on the second floor with beautiful ocean views.
Food & Drink
- Dreams Playa Mujeres offers 10 dining options, including 6 á la carte restaurants, a buffet, a grill, a fast-casual eatery, and a café with an ice cream parlor.
- 24 hour room service is available for all room categories.
- Á la carte dining options include Japanese/Peruvian fusion, fine French dining, seafood, Mediterranean and more.
- Dreams Playa Mujeres offers a wide variety of gluten-free and vegetarian plates at each of its restaurants.
- The resort offers 13 bars and lounges serving international and domestic top-shelf spirits, ranging from swim-up bars to a nightly music lounge.
- Two of the bars are non-alcoholic and especially designed for teens and tweens
- The Grotto Swim-Up Bar is a unique bar where guests can swim under the waterfall up to the bar and enjoy a drink in the grotto.
- All adult guests 18 years and older will have free flow access to an additional 9 restaurant options and 7 bars at Secrets Playa Mujeres next door.
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience allows guests to enjoy dinner and live entertainment at nearby sister properties including Dreams Riviera Cancun, Dreams Jade, Dreams Sapphire, and more.
- Dreams Playa Mujeres is located just 10 minutes from downtown Cancun and 35 minutes from the Cancun International Airport.
- Guests will enjoy scenic views of Isla Mujeres and the Cancun hotel zone from the resort.
- It is located on a secluded walkable sandy beach in a serene atmosphere while still located within close proximity of nearby excursions, shopping, dining, and Cancun's nightlife.
- Isla Mujeres is a relaxing island accessible by ferry and is a great place to visit as a day trip from Cancun.
- The Mayan ruins of Tulum and Chichén Itzá are located within 2 1/2 hours of the resort.
- Guests have great discounts on green fees and roundtrip transportation to the 18-hole Greg Norman designated championship golf course only five minutes away. The golf course features strategically placed holes to offer exceptional ocean and tropical views.
Why Book With Us
- We know the best resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean and can help you get the most value for your travel dollar.
- You will always have a dedicated travel agent who cares about your vacation to call directly with questions or help with any problems that may arise.
- Round-trip airport transfers are included with our packages so there is no need to worry about finding a ride at a foreign airport.
- You can book your vacation with a low deposit and even utilize our no interest Payment Plan option.
- We have partnered with the best Destination Management companies who will take good care of you from start to finish once in your destination.
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my Resort and Cruise Ship reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Wed, Jun 2