As part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about popular destinations by visiting them firsthand. Recently while in the Dominican Republic, we had the pleasure of staying 2 nights at the modern and luxurious All-Inclusive Dreams Onyx Resort & Spa by AMR Collection. This resort impressed us with its wide remote beach, great pools, and modern spa-like rooms.
We Recommend This Resort For: Families, Couples, and Weddings
Dreams Onyx sits on a remote, wide stretch of palm-studded beach.
Located on the golden beach of Uvero Alto, Dreams Onyx Resort & Spa (formerly the Now Onyx Punta Cana) is a newly rennovated, modern all-inclusive resort. This luxurious property offers plenty of opportunities for pampering with its outdoor whirlpools in every suite, six swimming pools to choose from, parties and live entertainment for all ages, unlimited gourmet a la carte dining with no reservations required, and top-shelf spirits at 10 different bars; all with no pesky wristbands required.
With access to adult only Breathless Punta Cana next door, and a new Family Section with a lazy river and waterslides, there is fun to be had for both adults and children alike.
- There are 6 pools to choose from, including an infinity pool, a children's pool, a saltwater pool, 2 private Preferred Club pools (including one for adults only) and a new Family Pool with waterslides, plus 3 outdoor whirlpools.
- The new Jungle waterpark features four waterslides and a lazy river with a swim up bar.
- The Fitness Center is open 24 hours with state-of-the-art equipment and free weights.
- The brand new Explorer's Club, located adjacent to the Family Section, is a fully supervised kids club with lots of fun activities such as arts & crafts, treasure hunts and video games.
- The new two-story Core Zone Teen's Club allows your teens to enjoy sports, games, and socials with their peers, and feautures a Rock-climbing Wall, Basketball Court and Pool Table.
- After the sun goes down, nightly activities include big screen movies on the beach and nightly entertainment at the open air theater.
- Other activities included are 2 Tennis Courts, Beach Volleyball, Pool Tables, Dance Classes, Spanish Classes, Aerobics & Water Aerobics, Non-motorized Water Sports, Snorkeling, Sailing, Kayaks, and introductory Scuba Diving lessons in the pool.
- Adults have access to a Casino, the After Dark nightclub, Spa, and the Fitness Center at Breathless next door.
- Dreams Onyx is a perfect fit for a Destination Wedding, offering a wedding gabebo and other stunning ceremony and reception spaces, with plenty of activities to keep everyone from the kids to the grandparents entertained and happy.
- The Dreams Onyx has 806 spacious suites with modern and soothing decor that feature a whirlpool on every suite's private terrace or balcony.
- All suites offer one King or two Double beds, air conditioning with in-room climate control, bathrobes and slippers, Gilchrist & Soames bath amenities, daily refreshed min-bar with beer, soda, juice, and water, flat screen LED cable TV, coffee and tea maker, electronic in-room safe, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, work desk, USB ports, complimentary wifi, and 24-hour room service.
- In addition, the Preferred Club Suites offer:
- Personalized check-in and checkout with concierge service
- Two private pools (one for adults only) and an exclusive beach area
- Upgraded bath amenities and pillow menu
- Upgraded mini-bar and room service menu
- Daily continental breakfast, afternoon snacks, desserts and fine liquors served in the Preferred Club Lounge
- Preferred Club only restaraunt for breakfast and lunch
- Three Preferred Club bars including a swim-up bar
- The new Family Section has 320 Premium Junior Suites with connecting room options and also offers:
- Private lounge for check-in and checkout offering a bar service
- Proximity to the Family Pool with 4 waterslides and a Lazy River that goes around the pool
- All ground floor suites are swim out suites offering direct access to the pool from the terrace.
- Each building has an elevator.
Food & Drink
- Dreams Onyx boasts limitless gourmet a la carte dining and unlimited top-shelf beverages at 11 restaurants and 10 bars, plus 18 additional options at Breathless Punta Cana next door.
- Guests can enjoy multiple dining options with no reservations required at 6 a la carte restaurants, a buffet, cafe, beach grill, ice cream parlor and a burger place.
- Two new restaurants include Tamarindo serving Mexican cuisine and Cin Cin serving Mediterranean cuisine.
- The Bluewater Grill is a North American steak house, recently completely renovated.
- The resort offers guests the choice of 11 bars and lounges at Dreams and another 8 at Breathless next door.
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience allows guests to enjoy dinner and live entertainment at nearby sister properties.
- Dreams Onyx is located on a remote stretch of the Uvero Alto beach with very fine, soft sand and virtually no rocks.
- You can walk seemingly forever along the beach with very few other resorts and not a lot of people.
- Gorgeous sunrises can be enjoyed from your balcony in the ocean view rooms.
- The resort is located about 40 minutes from the Punta Cana International Airport.
- Exciting nearby excurions include ziplining over the jungle, cave expeditions, and discovering a hidden cenote or offshore island.
Why Book With Us
- We know the best All-Inclusive resorts in the Caribbean, Costa Rica, and Mexico and can help you get the most value for your travel dollar with our firsthand knowledge.
- You will always have a dedicated travel agent who cares about your vacation to contact directly with questions or help with any problems that may arise.
- Round-trip airport transfers are included with our packages so there is no need to worry about finding a ride at a foreign airport.
- You can book your vacation with a low deposit and even utilize our no fee, no interest Payment Plan option.
- We have partnered with the best Destination Management companies who will take good care of you from start to finish once in your destination.
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my All-Inclusive Resort reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Sat, Jan 29