As part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, Purple Palm Vacations spends a lot of time learning about the destinations you want to visit by visiting them firsthand. Recently while in Riviera Maya, Mexico, I had the pleasure of staying 4 nights at the beautiful All-Inclusive Iberostar Selection Paraiso Maya Suites. This all-inclusive resort impressed me with its gorgeous white sand beach, large junior suites, and its variety of fun activities for all ages.
We Recommend This Resort For: Families, Groups and Weddings
The main pool is shared with next door Iberostar Selection Paraiso Lindo.
The Iberostar Selection Paraiso Maya Suites is located on one of the best beaches in the Riviera Maya, between Cancun and Playa del Carmen. The resort is part of a 4 resort complex and shares its restaurants, theater, and main pool with next door Iberostar Selection Paraiso Lindo. There is plenty of fun for everyone with a lazy river, waterpark, wave pool, kids club, shopping center and so much more!
Traditional Mayan decor, complete with authentic Mayan ruins in the lobby, bring great beauty to this resort. Each piece of furniture is a work of art, worthy of the best museum, made of wood, brass, bronze and limestone, and the lobby bar is an exact replica of the pyramid of Chichen Itza.
- A variety of fun pools include the area's only Wave Pool, a Lazy River, Waterslides, and small Water Park for kids age 4 to 12.
- The onsite Shopping Center is a fun place to shop for souvenirs and also includes an ice cream shop, café, and an authentic Mexican plaza.
- The Kids Club for children ages 4 to 12 has activities to keep the little ones entertained including building sand castles, painting, crafts, treasure hunts, board games and sports.
- The recently launched “Kids Corner” allows parents to enjoy the hotel’s nighttime activities while their kids are looked after by trained professionals. Dinner for kids is included.
- The teens club is a fun place for teens to connect with each other and hosts daily tournaments in ping pong, horseshoes and more.
- There are a wide variety of outdoor and indoor sports options, such as tennis, golf, volleyball, soccer, archery, bicycle tours, ping pong, darts, and horseshoes.
- The large and lovely open air theater hosts nightly shows.
- In addition to access to the facilities at the adjoining Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, Beach and del Mar, guests also have access to nearby Iberostar Cancun and Iberostar Quetzal and Tucan from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- The 434 spacious Junior Suites and Suites start at 624 square feet, each with a digital safe, flat screen tv, alarm clock, minibar, bathrobe and slippers, hair dryer, and boast a large bathroom with a separate shower and whirlpool tub.
- All Suites offer complimentary wifi, 24-hour room service and access to spa wet areas.
- Family Junior Suites are great for families of 5 or 6 with 1,335 square feet, featuring 1 king bed and a connecting suite with 2 double beds.
- Complitmentary services included with the Family Junior Suites are a Family Welcome Kit, priority dining reservations and complimentary access to Baby kitchen, with special pureed baby food, bottle sterilizers and everything you need to keep your little one happy.
- These Family rooms have amenities for kids, such as children’s décor, kids’ minibar, welcome gift, room service with kids’ menu options, video game console and more.
- Iberostar is one of the few resorts that offers guaranteed connecting rooms.
Food & Drink
- The Iberostar Selection Paraiso Maya Suites features more than 15 bars and restaurants including 4 a la carte restaurants for Maya guests plus 3 more a la carte at the Lindo and the Lindo buffet.
- The a la carte restaurants require reservations and they do fill up quickly so make your reservations early on during your stay to avoid disappointment!
- Perhaps the best lobby bar in the area, the Chichen Itza pyramid replica has the impressive Feathered Serpent, the great Mayan deity, spiraling a dozen feet down from the ceiling and hanging over the bar that serves delicious premium drinks.
- The resort has 9 bars including a swim up bar, beach bar, sports bar, cigar bar and a Star Wars themed nightclub.
- The breakfast buffet for Maya guests only has a great selection of delicious food options.
- The Coco Snack Bar on the beach has both healthy and indulgent food options (the french fries are especially good!)
- By staying at Iberostar Selection Paraíso Maya Suites, you’ll be able to access restaurants and bars at Iberostar Paraíso Beach, Iberostar Paraíso del Mar, and Iberostar Selection Paraíso Lindo. Try traditional Mexican cuisine at La Hacienda, elaborate Mediterranean dishes at La Dorada, Brazilian dishes at El Rodizio, and Italian dishes at Trattoria Olivetti.
- Iberostar Selection Paraiso Maya is located on Paraiso beach, a pristine beach with white sand and one of the best in Mexico.
- The resort is part of the Iberostar Playa Paraiso Golf & Spa complex which gives guests access to Iberostar Paraiso Beach, Iberostar Paraiso del Mar and Iberostar Selection Paraiso Lindo.
- It is ideally located 30 minutes south of the Cancun airport and 30 minutes north of Playa del Carmen.
- Guests enjoy a landscape of natural and cultural riches in one of the most popular tourist destinations in the area as well as the lush jungle setting.
Why Book With Us
- We know the best All-Inclusive resorts in the Caribbean, Costa Rica, and Mexico and can help you get the most value for your travel dollar with our firsthand knowledge.
- You will always have a dedicated travel agent who cares about your vacation to contact directly with questions or help with any problems that may arise.
- Round-trip airport transfers are included with our packages so there is no need to worry about finding a ride at a foreign airport.
- You can book your vacation with a low deposit and even utilize our no fee, no interest Payment Plan option.
- We have partnered with the best Destination Management companies who will take good care of you from start to finish once in your destination.
About the Author
My name is Amy Burbank, owner of Purple Palm Vacations and the Traveling Travel Agent. I travel throughout the year to the destinations that are in high demand looking for quality vacation options that go above and beyond. This blog is a collection of my All-Inclusive Resort reviews that I feel are the best of the best and will truly provide a great vacation. Happy Travels!
Posted: Sat, Mar 5