October 5 to October 12, 2022
Purple Palm Vacations has teamed up with Riviera River Cruises to bring you the vacation of a lifetime on the Rhine River. The journey starts in the German city of Cologne, where your five-star floating hotel is moored in the picturesque historic center. Your modern river vessel, the MS Geoffrey Chaucer, will sail 7 nights along the romantic Rhine River south to magnificent Switzerland.
From the exceptional full-board cuisine to the luxurious cabins and suites, you will be amazed as we journey through the famous Rhine valley, flowing past fairy-tale castles, medievel towns and lush vineyards. You will take in some of the most breathtaking views along the way, such as the Rhine Gorge, the Black Forest and the majestic Swiss alpine peaks.
Riviera River Cruise Highlights
* The beautifully appointed cabins and suites are among the largest and most comfortable found on any river cruise vessel
* The dedicated English-speaking crew will make you feel welcome from the moment you board to the time you bid farewell
* Exceptional local cuisine with open seating and open dining
* Every port includes fascinating tours and excursions with expert local, English-speaking guides
* Complimentary room service continental breakfast, coffee, tea, and refillable water bottles
* Free Wi-Fi for the duration of the cruise
* The best value in Premium river cruising
* Cabins are available for solo travelers with no single supplement fee
Rhine Cruise to Switzerland Itinerary
DAY 1 Embark in Cologne: Arrive in Cologne, where your five-star floating hotel is moored in the picturesque historic center.
DAY 2 Koblenz: Morning sailing followed by your included guided tour of the historic city of Koblenz.
DAY 3 Rhine Gorge & Rudesheim: Morning cruise through the dramatic Rhine Gorge, passing castles along the way, and an afternoon guided tour of Rudesheim, a classic Rhine wine village.
DAY 4 Speyer, Germany: Morning sailing followed by the included tour of Speyer, one of Germany's oldest cities.
DAY 5 Strasbourg, France: After another morning of cruising, we embark on a picturesque walking tour of Old Town Strasbourg.
DAY 6 Breisach & Black Forest: Absorb the breathtaking vistas of the Vosges and Black Forest as we arrive in historic Breisach. Later drive through the heart of this stunning region to the archetypal lakeside town of Titisee.
DAY 7 Bernese Oberland & Lucerne: Full day visit to beautiful Lucerne and Bernese Oberland, the grand alpine heart of Europe with breathtaking views.
DAY 8 Disembark in Basel: This morning after breakfast, the crew bids you farewell before you disembark the ship.
Rhine Cruise to Switzerland Rates
Deposit to Book - $400 per person (non-refundable)
Final Payment Due Date - July 5, 2022
|Stateroom/Suite||Deck||Per Person Rate|
|Emerald Deck Suite - Single||1||$3,179|
|Emerald Deck Suite - Double||1||$3,179|
|Ruby Deck Suite - Double||2||$3,819|
|Diamond Deck Suite - Double||3||$4,089|
- Full board from dinner on your day of arrival until breakfast on your final day; if you choose to travel with us on any of the full day excursions by coach, a packed lunch will be provided. Anyone choosing to stay on the ship may of course have lunch in the restaurant
- Morning/afternoon tea and coffee
- All visits and excursions as mentioned
- Coach travel as mentioned
- The services of a Riviera River Cruises cruise director and concierge